- Lake Mourn
Click to enlarge.
-Bring kegs of ale back to your Ale Collector to score points for your team.
-First team to 11 wins.
-Dodge, smash, and steal your way to victory.
-Talk to the Brewer at mid-field to leave the game.
— In-game description
Keg Brawl is an activity which is described as a norn interpretation of basketball, with kegs rather than balls and a lot of brawling. Keg Brawl is played in Hoelbrak, but currently entered elsewhere.
You can enter into a match either by talking to
- Kouris, the Citizen NPC for daily activities, located in the Grand Piazza of Lion's Arch, next to the bridge leading to the asura gates.
- Edinna Linhoft the activity NPC onboard the Havoc's Heir (accessible with a Captain's Airship Pass).
- Brewer in Hoelbrak, next to the Courage Brewery point of interest, north-west of the Hero's Compass Waypoint.
- Baasim the activity NPC in the Lily of the Elon (accessible with an Invitation to "Lily of the Elon").
Two teams of five are matched for a game. Each team gets skills which allow them to brawl the other team, such as punching, kicking and knocking each other over. A keg is launched into the middle of the playing area and the objective for the team is to get the keg to their Ale Collector. The aim is to get as many kegs back as possible. The team which scores 11 first or has more points when time ends wins.
When the keg is picked up you get new skills which allow you to pour ale on the ground which makes it slippery or pass the keg. The passing of the keg is ground targeted so there is some skill involved as these passes can be intercepted.Players not carrying a keg are granted swiftness. People carrying the keg are subject to the Barrel Carrier effect.
|1||Punch||½||4||Punch and daze your competitor.|
|2||Disarm||1¼||4||Smash your target to knock the barrel from their hands.|
|3||Dive Roll||12||Dive forward to close distance or evade attacks.|
|4||Charge||2¼||20||Rush at an opponent and kick them; be careful not to miss.|
|5||Stomp||¾||90||Stomp the ground to launch opponents.|
|1||Throw||0||A short, quick throw that is easily intercepted.|
|2||Lob||2¾||Lob the keg. Less accurate, but longer range and hard to intercept.|
|3||Dive Roll||10||Dive forward to avoid attacks.|
|4||Head Crack||1½||18||Hit your opponent with the keg to stun them.|
|5||Pour Ale||½||90||Dump out some ale, freezing the ground around your location.|
- Winner Team
- Loser Team
- Primary article: Keg Brawl (achievements)
- You can pass the keg to your Ale Collector or another player with Throw or Lob.
- Although Lob is inaccurate, with enough practice you would be able to do relatively accurate long distance shots.
- You can use Throw while knocked down. Use this if you are about to be disarmed while down.
- Tossing a keg out of bounds removes it from the game. This may be useful if you can steal the keg while surrounded deep in the opponent's territory. However, kegs can persist on the ice field outside the fenced arena, and players can jump over the fence to retrieve them.
- Ale Collector: Ninety-nine barrels of ale on the wall, ninety-nine barrels of ale...
- You receive rewards for being on the winning team even if you have a score of 0, but not so on a losing team.
- ^ John and Ben Answer Your Questions About Activities, Travel, ArenaNet Blog (Archived)