Claw of Jormag
Claw of Jormag
The Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound's location.
The Claws of Jormag are champions of the Elder Dragon Jormag that have followed the kodan Sanctuaries south into Frostgorge Sound and beyond. These world bosses fly around and terrorize the kodan and Pact camps by dropping corrupted ice shards containing icebrood.
Claws of Jormag are a form of what appears to be a dragon, whispered to by Jormag and transformed by the Elder Dragon, imbued with large amounts of dragon energy by Jormag after corruption. Claws of Jormag are seemingly in a late state of corruption, appearing skeletal and looking as if they are composed entirely of corrupted ice. They have been known to both hunt down enemies of their master such as the kodan and defend Jormag from threats. Their attacks appear to vary depending upon the Claw.
In 1325 AE, a Claw of Jormag assaulted the Loneholme Range, a mountain range in the Shiverpeak Mountains containing two norn settlements. It dropped a number of cores of corrupted ice within an already-corrupted area, summoning icebrood elementals to protect the cores. A group of adventurers soon destroyed the corrupted ice alongside the corrupted elementals. Another could be seen flying overhead in Dragon's Rising.
Sometime after, the Pact, a newly-formed alliance between the three orders, sent a number of troops to fight off the icebrood there. In Arundon Vale, a group of grawl witnessed a Claw of Jormag flying overhead and declared it to be their god, renaming their tribe to the Dragon tribe. A Claw also attacked Ridgerock Camp, a Pact encampment, by dropping Corrupted Ice Shards on the camp in a coordinated attack with a number of icebrood Sons of Svanir.
A powerful Claw of Jormag was soon identified by the Pact as it dropped dragon crystals near the Pact's flak cannons and siege wall, on the road to the Slough of Despond, outside of Elder's Vale and another by the Pact's encampment.
It then landed, crushing anything underneath it and created a shield out of corrupted ice. The Pact's forces, aided by adventurers, battled the Claw and its minions, eventually causing it to crash to the ground in a different location, where it made its last stand and was slain.
In Bitterfrost Frontier, a Claw could be seen harassing the kodan of Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary. Another Claw, this one inactive, could be found partially carved out of a mountain of ice in The Svanir Hive.
In late 1332 AE and early 1333 AE, a Claw of Jormag could be seen dropping corrupted shards around Bjora Marches, a heavily corrupted area within the Far Shiverpeaks, alongside another that aided in the icebrood assault on Jora's Keep by corrupting statues of the Spirit of the Wild, Raven.
In Drizzlewood Coast, near the Frost Citadel where Jormag rested, a Claw flew around the northern part of the region, dropping corrupted shards. When the forces of the United Legions began to besiege the citadel, it summoned a greater ice elemental to defend the citadel, though the elemental was slain quickly.
After the United Legions forces escaped the crumbling citadel, the Claw opened several portals which summoned icebrood charr imbued with the magic of three of the lost Spirits of the Wild. It remained on the Spire, a large pillar of corrupted ice, until it was hit with a scrap cannon and it fell deeper into its roost. After a fierce battle, it was defeated.
- Frostgorge Sound
- Bitterfrost Frontier
- Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary (seen flying overhead)
- Bjora Marches (seen flying overhead during related events)
- Eliminate the corrupted ice cores (18) (at beginning of the event only)
- Defend Ridgerock Camp from the Svanir (74) (at beginning of the event only)
- Destroy the dragon crystal on the road to Slough of Despond (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Destroy the dragon crystal at Elder's Vale (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Destroy the dragon crystal near the Pact siege wall (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Destroy the dragon crystal at the Pact flak cannons (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Lure out the Claw of Jormag by destroying the final dragon crystal (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Claw of Jormag (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Claw of Jormag (80) (Drizzlewood Coast) [Group Event]
- Destroy the corrupted shard (80) (at beginning of the event only)
- Destroy the Northern Corrupted Shard (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Destroy the Southern Corrupted Shard (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Destroy the Western Corrupted Shard (80) (at beginning of the event only) [Group Event]
- Icy Grave - The ground near the dragon is deathly cold. You are more vulnerable to ice attacks and take damage each second.
- Dragon's Breath - Forces targets to flee in Fear.
- Dragon's Breath - Forces targets to flee in Fear and summons Dragon Crystals that spawn mobs.
- Ice Dragon Bomb - Summons several shards of corrupted ice above a large area, sending them towards the earth with powerful force.
- Mist Wave - Corrupted icicles jut from the earth in a rapid fashion, knocking away any caught within the wave.
All skills apply Frigid Breath to the player.
- Dragon's Breath - Forces targets to flee in Fear.
- Applies Stunned when broken
- Hailitosis - A singular projectile that strikes a point, then rapidly expands into a large area that inflicts damage and Chilled to anyone standing in it.
- Ice Laser - Marks a series of orange circles, then strikes them with a moving laser that deals heavy damage.
- Ice Nova - Launches several projectiles that strike the battlefield, marked by orange circles.
- Ice Breath - Deals heavy damage in a large cone in front of the Claw.
- Claw Smash - Strikes the ground with its claw and creates a shockwave that knocks players back and damages them. The Knockback can be avoided by jumping the shockwave.
- Wind Breath[verification requested] - Pushes targets back in a large area but does not cause direct damage.
- Bosses: Crash Landing — Find the wrong place to stand during a Claw of Jormag fight. (10 )
- Winter's Presence: Frozen Claw — Defeat the Claw of Jormag 3 times during Wintersday. (3)
- Rare Collections: Jormag Defense Guide — Unlock all of the corrupted weapons in your wardrobe, and collect various Jormag related items. (10)
- The Tyrian Service Medal: Frostgorge Sound Star of Valor — Defeat the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Prank the Claw of Jormag — Throw a trickster's pie at the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
- The Juggernaut III: The Colossus: Frozen Ooze — Coat yourself with your Mystic Chromatic Ooze and enter the icy grave when fighting Claw of Jormag.
- Frostfang I: The Experimental Axe: Essence of Jormag — Use a Corrupted Jar after defeating the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound to fill it with essence.
- Rodgort I: The Experimental Torch: Burn a Claw of Jormag's Scale — Burn a Claw of Jormag's Scale in the cauldron at Division Shrine in Fireheart Rise.
- Incinerator III: Spark: Corrupted Ice Shard — Acquire a corrupted ice shard from the chest after killing the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
- The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen: Stay Warm — Bring an Anthology of Heroes to the defeat of the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Jormag's Magic — Obtained from the chest after defeating Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
- Decade of the Dragons: Decade of Champions: Claw of Jormag — Defeat the Claw of Jormag on the Frostwalk Tundra in Frostgorge Sound. (1)
- Honorary Astral Ward: Knowledge of the Elders
- The Juvenile White Moa spawns near the first Claw of Jormag battle site.
The Claw of Jormag behind its Corrupted Ice Shield.