— In-game description [?]
Illusionary Warden wields 2 axes and does a whirling attack.
||Deals damage, destroys projectiles, and causes whirl finishers.
- Whirlwind Defense is a stationary AoE that deals damage and causes a finisher 12 times over 5 seconds.
- The Warden will attempt to move into range before attacking, but will never cancel its skill once started, even if targets move out of range.
- If the Warden's target dies while it is channeling its skill, it will not disappear until the attack is finished.
- If using the Warden's Feedback trait, it reflects projectiles instead of blocking them.
- The large number of finishers this skill triggers can cause a lot of Confusion if done on an Ethereal field or cleanse a lot of conditions if done on a Temporal Curtain.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity.
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 25, 2020
||Competitive content update:
- (Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient per strike of the warden attack from 0.138 to 0.1.
|April 23, 2019
- Skills that destroy missiles will now block missiles instead.
|March 26, 2019
- Added a missing skill fact for vulnerability.
|February 06, 2018
- Phantasms can no longer be shattered and no longer count toward your maximum illusion count.
- Phantasms are destroyed and then replaced by clones after completing their unique attack or if their attack is interrupted.
- This phantasm now initially spawns near the caster.
- Significantly increased the phantasm's movement speed.
- Removed the initial axe throw from the mesmer.
- This phantasm now throws axes at random targets within a range of 600 of itself, but it no longer damages nearby targets.
- Damage per hit has been increased by 22%.
- Reduced the recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Lowered the casting time from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
|May 16, 2017
- This skill now throws an illusionary axe at the target, which immobilizes for 2 seconds in addition to summoning a phantasm.
|August 25, 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to incorrectly activate the trait Fencer's Finesse.
|June 23, 2015
- Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.
|September 09, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to follow one target while trying to attack another target at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectile absorption from this skill to last longer than its animation.
- Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to reflect unblockable missiles.
|April 15, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused this skill to go on cooldown without being cast.
- Fixed an issue in which the warden would be in range of an enemy but not begin attacking.
|November 26, 2013
- This phantasm will now properly try to enter the attack range of its target before using its skill.
|October 01, 2012
- This skill no longer has a 0-second recharge when affected by traits. It now has approximately a 5-second recharge.
|August 28, 2012
- Phantasmal Warden has been added to the game.
- The Illusionary Warden's axes have the same skin as Reaver of the Mists.
- Despite wielding two axes (and thus no focus), it can take advantage of the Warden's Feedback trait, reflecting projectiles.