Traps are a type of skill that triggers when an enemy walks into the area and which take 0.5 second to arm. If no enemy triggers it, the trap will disappear after 5 min. Traps leave outlines on the ground that are visible to allies. Traps found in the environment, such as in dungeons and jumping puzzles are sometimes given a red outline on the ground.
- A player can have only one trap of each type active at the same time.
- Previously placed traps will be removed if you remove the skill from your skill bar.
- Deployed traps are circular and centered on the player's position.
- Many trap skills are unblockable.
- Most trap skills cannot be used underwater.
- Dragonhunter's traps will trigger at once if laid on top of an enemy. Ranger's traps have a 0.5s arming time after being placed.
List of trap skills
|Trap. Heal yourself and imbue your light into a trap. Enemies that trigger this trap are damaged and blinded as the light returns to you for a second heal.
|Fragments of Faith
|Trap. Lay a trap that deals damage and unleashes multiple fragments into the area when triggered. Each fragment grants aegis to allies, as long as they don't already have aegis.
|Trap. Lay down a trap that creates an area of pure light that reveals enemies and pierces their armor. The first strike dazes foes.
|Procession of Blades
|Trap. Set a trap that whirls around and damages enemies when activated.
|Test of Faith
|Trap. Lay a trap that creates a ring of weapons that punishes enemies that attempt to cross their threshold.
|Trap. Lay a trap that pulls enemies and creates a barrier that holds them in.
|Trap. Heals you and your pet. Place a trap that grants regeneration and cures conditions on allies.
|Trap. Set a trap that burns foes.
|Trap. Set a trap that chills foes.
|Trap. Set a trap that bleeds and launches foes.
|Trap. Set a trap that bleeds and stuns foes.
|Trap. Set a trap that pulses poison on foes when triggered.
- Hunter's Premonition (Dragonhunter) — Traps skills grant aegis when used.
- Trapper's Expertise (Skirmishing) — Increase the duration of boons and conditions applied by traps. Offensive traps inflict cripple.
- Relic of the Dragonhunter — Enemies hit by your trap skills become hunted by you, increasing your strike damage and condition duration against them.
- There are World versus World traps that function similar to skill type.
- The July 16, 2019 game update removed the traps for thieves and introduced the skill type Preparation instead.
- Thief traps had the shape of a long rectangle (900x130) centered on the player's position, and extending to the right and left. They triggered once and disappeared then. If Autotargeting was enabled in options, the player may be automatically turned to face a nearby enemy while laying the trap, thereby affecting the trap's orientation. It was possible to trap multiple foes with Needle Trap and Tripwire only if they entered the area of the trap at the exact same time.
|Set a trap that, when triggered, calls in a thief that attacks nearby foes for twenty seconds.
|Set a trap that immobilizes and poisons foes when triggered.
|Set a trap. The first enemy to trigger this trap becomes marked. You may activate Shadow Pursuit to shadowstep to the marked enemy.
|Destroy Shadow Trap
|Teleport back to your existing trap early, destroying it and setting it on recharge.
|Shadowstep to the target that triggered Shadow Trap.
|Set a trap that knocks down foes when triggered.