From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the thief utility trap. For the skill type, see Ambush.
- Triggered Thief Duration: 20s
— In-game description [?]
- When triggered, the trap summons one of two different possible thieves:
- A melee female Thief, which uses a slower version of the old Thief Dagger slot-1 chain: Double Strike (~500 damage x 2), Wild Strike (~900 damage, potentially restoring some endurance) and Lotus Strike (~1500 damage, 3 seconds of weakness) as well as Scorpion Wire. Left unhindered, she will deliver approximately 5 full attack chains and a single instance of Scorpion Wire.
- A ranged male Thief, which uses Unload (~100 damage x 12) and Black Powder (~500 damage, 4 ticks of 4 seconds of blind). Left unhindered, he will deliver 3 instances of Unload and a single instance of Black Powder.
- The Thieves attacks count as Combo Finshers: Physical Projectiles where applicable (Scorpion Wire, Unload and Black Powder)
- They have approximately 5.5k health and the male will attempt to dodge when threatened.
- The Thief appears next to your character when summoned, not the trap itself.
- There is a limit of one trap per player but no testable limit of the number of summoned thieves per player.
- Deadly Trapper - Traps apply vulnerability to enemies and grant you might. Trap recharges are reduced.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|August 08, 2017|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
|March 28, 2017||
|September 29, 2015||
|July 28, 2015||
|September 09, 2014||
|July 01, 2014||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: