Legendary Demon. Summon the power of the legendary demon to transform into a powerful avatar. Pulse torment to nearby foes. Using skills that cost energy increases the torment applied on the next pulse.
- Damage: 21 (0.08)?
- Torment (6s): 132 Damage, 191 Damage if Moving
- 2 Additional Torment (6s): 264 Damage, 382 Damage if Moving
Number of Targets: 5
Interval: 1 second
- Radius: 240
- Combo Field: Dark
— In-game description [?]
- Mallyx occasionally shouts "Now you shall witness true ultimate power!" on use. This is a direct quote that he used in the original Guild Wars.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| October 01, 2019
- Lowered the recharge from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
| July 16, 2019
- This skill is now a mobile dark field.
- Increased recharge to 10 seconds.
- This skill no longer grants a stat increase and is no longer unblockable and unblindable.
- The amount of torment applied per pulse is unchanged, but using a skill that costs energy now increases the stacks of torment applied on the next pulse by 2.
- This skill now deals a small amount of damage each pulse.
| July 10, 2018
- Reduced the energy upkeep of this skill from 7 to 6 energy per second. Reduced the casting time of this skill by approximately 0.25 seconds.
| March 27, 2018
- Increased the attribute bonus from 10% to 15% in PvP and WvW.
| July 28, 2016
- Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be instantly activated.
| July 26, 2016
- This skill now applies and removes stacks of Hardening Persistence correctly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented torment from being applied to downed enemies.
| February 23, 2016
- This skill will now deliver an attack instead of piercing all defenses.
- The skill remains unblockable and will ignore blindness, but it will no longer pierce evasion.
| December 15, 2015
- Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be active while not in legendary demon stance.
| October 23, 2015
|| Heart of Thorns release:
- Embrace the Darkness has been added to the game.
- When the player uses this skill, their character's appearance changes to a dark purple skin and their face to Mallyx's/a Margonite's face with blinking eyes.