Embrace the Darkness
Embrace the Darkness
Legendary Demon. Summon the power of the legendary demon to transform into a powerful avatar. Pulse torment to nearby foes. Using skills that cost energy increases the torment applied on the next pulse.
- Damage: 80 (0.3)?
- Torment (5s): 110 Damage, 159 Damage if Foe Is Stationary
- Torment (6s): 132 Damage, 191 Damage if Foe Is Stationary
- Additional Torment (5s): 220 Damage, 318 Damage if Foe Is Stationary2
- Additional Torment (6s): 264 Damage, 382 Damage if Foe Is Stationary2
- Additional Torment (6s): 132 Damage, 191 Damage if Foe Is Stationary
- Number of Targets: 5
- Interval: 1 second
- Radius: 240
- Combo Field: Dark
— In-game description
- Acolyte of Torment — Torment deals increased damage.
- Demonic Defiance — Gain resistance when you use a Legendary Demon skill.
- Pact of Pain — Conditions you apply to foes last longer, but conditions applied to you also last longer.
- Yearning Empowerment — Damaging conditions you apply last longer.
- Generous Abundance — Heal allies around yourself when using a Legend skill. Heal allies around Ventari's Tablet when using a Legendary Centaur skill. Dragon Facet skills and Ventari's Will cannot activate this trait.
- Expose Defenses — Your first attack when entering combat applies vulnerability. This ability is refreshed when you use an elite skill.
- Notoriety — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when using a legendary stance skill.
- The dark type field has a maximum duration of 3 minutes and 18 seconds, damage and torment pulses, however, will not stop.
- Mallyx occasionally shouts "Now you shall witness true ultimate power!" on use. This is a direct quote that he used in the original Guild Wars.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|June 08, 2021||
|May 11, 2021||
|March 04, 2020||
|October 01, 2019||
|July 16, 2019||
|July 10, 2018||
|March 27, 2018||
|July 28, 2016||
|July 26, 2016||
|February 23, 2016||
|December 15, 2015||
|October 23, 2015||Heart of Thorns release:
- When the player uses this skill, their character's appearance changes to a dark purple skin and their face to Mallyx's/a Margonite's face with blinking eyes.