|| This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:
Ambush. Release phantasmal axes that seek out the nearest target after a short delay.
- Damage (2x): 366 (1.0)?
- : 480
- Clone Torment (4s): 88 Damage, 127 Damage if Moving
- Range: 200
— In-game description [?]
- Mirrored Axes - Reduce recharge of axe skills. Axe skills generate an additional phantom axe.
- An axe that hits a target during the delay will not seek that target.
- As this is an ambush skill, you must be under the effects of Mirage Cloak to cast it.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| March 05, 2019
- Reduced the amount of torment stacks applied in PvP and WvW from 3 to 1. This skill can no longer be used on targets behind the mesmer.
| July 10, 2018
- Inflicted torment duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
| May 08, 2018
- The torment duration of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 5-second duration in all modes.
| February 08, 2018
- Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
| February 06, 2018
- The confusion aspect of this skill has been split, and the confusion duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW only.
| December 12, 2017
- Increased confusion stacks from player to 3
- Increased confusion duration to 5 seconds for both player and clone attacks
| November 28, 2017
- This skill will no longer hit the same target twice with the same axe.
| November 07, 2017
- Increased seek distance for the follow-up attack by 20%.
- Increased stacks of confusion for the player version of this skill from 1 to 2 (clones still apply 1 stack).
- Increased damage by 20%.
- This skill no longer requires you to face your target.
| September 22, 2017
|| Path of Fire release:
- Imaginary Axes has been added to the game.
- The skill name is a wordplay on imaginary axis (a mathematical concept), and the plural of axis (a homograph for the plural of axe).