Wyverns are creatures that inhabit the Heart of Maguuma's canopies and cliffs, ruling the skies above even with the recent but heavy Mordrem infestation. They are winged cousins of drakes, and much like their cousins can appear with multiple elemental tendencies, the most common of which is fire but electrical has been seen as well.
Wyverns rarely leave the heights except to hunt or to chase down those who had endangered them. When hunting, adult wyverns will more often try to attack mid-flight, landing only when their powerful breath attacks prove too unreliable. A few minor wyverns can be found around the bluffs of the Elon Riverlands in the Crystal Desert.
- See also: Category:Wyverns
- Champion Minor Electric Wyvern
- Elite Wyvern
- Enthralled Wyvern
- Legendary Bloodstone-Crazed Wyvern
- Legendary Wyvern
- Legendary Wyvern Matriarch (Jahai Bluffs)
- Legendary Wyvern Patriarch
- Minor Electric Wyvern
- Minor Fire Wyvern
- Minor Wyvern
- Veteran Minor Electric Wyvern
- Veteran Minor Fire Wyvern
- Veteran Wyvern
- Veteran Wyvern (hero challenge)
- Wyvern Hatchling
- Wyvern Matriarch
- Wyvern Patriarch
|Juvenile Electric Wyvern||1868||1524||2211||2898||700||Lightning Assault|
|Juvenile Fire Wyvern||1868||1524||2211||2898||700||Consuming Flame|
- As there are both Mordrem wyverns and normal non-Mordrem wyverns in the Heart of Maguuma region, the easiest way to tell in game if it is Mordrem or not is the following: if it breathes fire, it is a normal wyvern. If it breathes green glowing corruption, it is a Mordrem wyvern.
- In other fictional depictions, wyverns are very similar to dragons, and in many languages, cultures and contexts no clear distinction is made between the two. Since the sixteenth century, in English, Scottish, and Irish heraldry, the key difference has been that a wyvern has two legs, whereas a dragon has four. However, this distinction is not commonly observed in the heraldry of other European countries, where two-legged dragon-like creatures being called dragons is entirely acceptable.