From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This hyena is a wily, cunning combatant. A hyena's pack is never far away, and they can summon another hyena to fight alongside them.
Juvenile Hyenas are terrestrial pets that can be charmed by rangers. Ogres from the Blazeridge Mountains are often seen using them when hunting. Elonian legends say that the hyenas witnessed Abaddon's fall before the Exodus of the Gods, and that they still laugh at the fallen god in modern times. They are said to be wily, cunning combatants which, while appearing alone, their packs are never far away and are quick to fight together.
Pet skills and attributes
Hyena pets use the following skills.
|Juvenile Hyena skills|
|Canine AI skills||Bite||Bite your foe.|
|Crippling Leap||Leap at your foe and cripple them.|
|Brutal Charge||Leap at your foe and knock them down.|
|Pet skill||F2||Howl of the Pack||Beast. Howl to summon a hyena ally to fight with you.|
Soulbeast merged skills
|F1||Crippling Leap||Leap at your foe and cripple them.|
|F2||Brutal Charge||Leap at your foe and knock them down.|
|F3||Prelude Lash||Beast. Pull foes toward you and bind them briefly.|
At level 80, juvenile hyena pets have the following default attributes:
- Fields of Ruin
- Hautclaire Vale — At the border to The Ogre Road near Vanguard Scout Pickins
- The Ogre Road — In a pit south of heart NPC Vanguard Scout Pickins
- Blazeridge Steppes
- Unbroken Expanse — About half-way between Expanse Waypoint and Refuge Sanctum Waypoint, against the long cliff. South of Unbroken Expanse when you look at the map
- Desert Borderlands
- Blistering Undercroft — Over the top of the Fire Keep in the desert area, near the Oasis
- The Mists
- Hyenas share stats with other canines, except for having half the power, balancing the fact that they are the only pet to be able to summon another of its own kind.
- The game's hyenas:
- Are part of the canine family; those in real life belong to Hyaenidae, more closely related felidae (cats) than to canidae (dogs). The similarities between hyenas and dogs are a result of convergent evolution.
- Are modeled after spotted hyena, one of the four known species of hyena.
- Have skin that appears diseased, possibly afflicted with mange and cataracts. There are hyenas with healthy skins in the Crystal Desert, but they cannot be tamed.
- Were the only pet until the Jacaranda to make idle vocalizations, which sound reminiscent of the vocalizations that real hyenas use to keep in contact with other members of their clans.