From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Tomes)Jump to navigationJump to search
Tome is a profession mechanic of guardians specialized as the Firebrand. Their passive effects are identical to virtues, but using a tome replaces your weapon skills with tome skills. Each tome skill costs a certain amount of pages to cast, and the available page count is shared by all tomes. By default, firebrands have a maximum of 5 tome pages and it takes 8 seconds to generate a tome page.
List of tome skills
|F1||Tome of Justice||Virtue: Burn foes every few attacks.|
Activate: Pull forth a magical tome on the dangers of the blazing heat in Kourna.
|F2||Tome of Resolve||Virtue: Regenerate health.|
Activate: Draw forth an enchanted tome that recounts the trials undergone by the people of Vabbi.
|F3||Tome of Courage||Virtue: Gain aegis periodically.|
Activate: Conjure a mystic tome containing stories about the heroes of Istan.
Tome of Justice
|1||Chapter 1: Searing Spell||½||1||Tome. Fueled by tales of the desolation in Istan, incite a great swelling of heat before you.|
|2||Chapter 2: Igniting Burst||¾||1||8||Tome. Ignite the air around you in an expanding burst.|
|3||Chapter 3: Heated Rebuke||¾||1||10||Tome. Call forth a heated vortex to collapse your enemies together.|
|4||Chapter 4: Scorched Aftermath||½||1||15||Tome. Detail the suffering in fire and blood inflicted during Vabbi's occupation.|
|5||Epilogue: Ashes of the Just||¾||1||20||Tome. Recall the memory of fallen heroes, granting allies the searing blades of justice.|
Tome of Resolve
|1||Chapter 1: Desert Bloom||½||1||Tome. Tales of desert blooms create a wave of healing for your allies.|
|2||Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery||¾||1||4||Tome. Release magic from pages detailing the rebuilding of Vabbi, cleansing conditions on nearby allies. Allies are healed for each condition removed.|
|3||Chapter 3: Azure Sun||¾||1||8||Tome. Inspired by countless poems describing the comforting powers of the water-reflected sun, grant boons to allies.|
|4||Chapter 4: Shining River||¾||2||10||Tome. Release a torrent of pages describing the water cycle of the Elon River. Heal allies and grant them swiftness.|
|5||Epilogue: Eternal Oasis||¾||2||20||Tome. Purify your allies with the waters of Amnoon and increase the healing they receive.|
Tome of Courage
|1||Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge||½||1||Tome. Roused by tales of mythical Sunspear charges, ground and motivate allies before you.|
|2||Chapter 2: Daring Challenge||¼||1||4||Tome. As the tales recount of Turai, taunt your enemies by issuing an insightfully inciting challenge.|
|3||Chapter 3: Valiant Bulwark||¾||2||15||Tome. Manifest the shimmering purity of the desert sun, reflecting enemy missiles.|
|4||Chapter 4: Stalwart Stand||¼||2||20||Tome. Recount the stand of Elonian loyalists against Palawa Joko, granting resistance to your allies.|
|5||Epilogue: Unbroken Lines||¾||2||25||Tome. Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.|
- See also: Virtue#Related traits
- Purity of Word — Gain knowledge of Elonian lore, igniting a fierce drive to purge corruption and manifesting your Virtues as mystic tomes. Gain access to Mantras. Using Tome skills consumes pages. You regenerate pages every interval.
- Archivist of Whispers — Your Virtues gain additional pages.
- Swift Scholar — Equipping a Virtue grants you quickness. Every third Tome skill grants you pages. Stacks reset when exiting a tome. Quickness can only be gained once per interval
- Legendary Lore — Tome skills gain bonuses from scribbling in the margins by ancient bards.
- Loremaster — Retain Resolve passive while it is on cooldown. You generate pages more quickly.
- Swapping in and out of tomes triggers weapon swap effects.
- Equipping a tome will cause its respective passive virtue effect to go into a dormant state (on cooldown).
- The cooldowns are different for each tome, and are shown on each tome's respective wiki page.
- Stowing and re-equipping the same tome while its virtue is dormant will not cause the cooldown to restart; it will only go on full cooldown again when you equip the tome while the virtue passive effect is not dormant (not on cooldown).
- Active effects from traits like Inspired Virtue will only apply when the respective Tome's passive is not dormant.
- Tomes can be stowed while you are casting one of their skills, and the skill will still finish casting.
- You can swap from tome to tome; you don't have to un-equip a tome or re-equip a weapon before equipping a new tome.
- When drawing a tome, the firebrand will occasionally shout one the following lines:
- History is mine!
- Knowledge is power!
- I wield great wisdom!
- Prior to the November 29, 2022 game update, each tome had a cooldown and its own page counter which refilled upon tome usage. Furthermore, each tome skill cost exactly one page.
- Tomes used to be available as elite skills to guardians before the June 23, 2015 game update. These tomes removed access to slot skills while active and had a set duration of 20 seconds. There were two tomes available: Tome of Courage and Tome of Wrath.