From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Effect type
- 1 malice is generated per skill that hits the target (not per hit of the skill)
- Gain an additional 1 malice if that skill critically hits.
- These gains can only occur once per skill use.
Skills affected by malice
|Rifle||Death's Judgment||Stealth Attack||Deals 25% bonus damage per stack|
|Dagger||Malicious Backstab||Stealth Attack||Deals 10% bonus damage per stack|
|Pistol||Malicious Sneak Attack||Stealth Attack||Increases the duration of torment this skill applies by 1 second per stack|
|Sword||Malicious Tactical Strike||Stealth Attack||Gain 10 endurance per stack|
|Short bow||Malicious Surprise Shot||Stealth Attack||Affects 1 more target per stack|
|Harpoon gun||Malicious Ripper||Stealth Attack||Applies Bleeding (10s) per stack|
|Spear||Malicious Deadly Strike||Stealth Attack||Deals 15% bonus damage per stack|
- All stacks of malice will be expended when using a sneak attack.
|Deadeye's Mark|| Mark a target, causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your mark. Lose all malice when the mark ends or when this skill is recast on a new target.|
Malice is only gained once per skill use.
|Mercy||Lose all malice, instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark , and gain initiative. Gain additional initiative for each stack of Malice you had prior to using this skill.|
- Deadeye's Gaze - Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which unlocks new stolen skills and malice generation. Stealth attacks consume malice for bonus effects. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.
- Malicious Intent - Marking a target or striking your mark with a stealth attack will immediately grant malice.
- Maleficent Seven - Increase maximum malice stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.
- Upon reaching maximum Malice, your character will occasionally shout the line All I need is one breath and one bullet.
- Before the May 8, 2018 game update, malice was generated passively at a rate of 1 every 4 seconds when a target was marked. This was reduced to 1 every 2 seconds while attacking the marked target.
For a detailed effect history, see here.
|May 08, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|September 22, 2017|| Path of Fire release: