— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| December 11, 2018
- The part of this trait that inflicts confusion has been removed. Hammer skills now inflict increased damage on any disabled target, not just those who are dazed, knocked down, launched, or stunned. This trait now grants adrenaline when the warrior disables a foe, regardless of the weapon the warrior wields.
| February 06, 2018
- Confusion inflicted by this trait has been split and will now apply 6 stacks for 4 seconds in PvP and WvW only.
| December 12, 2017
- Skills, traits, and sigils that have bonus effects when interrupting foes will now activate when used against foes with defiance bars as though they had been interrupted, with a 3-second cooldown.
- Merciless Hammer: Confusion application only.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- This trait has moved to the Strength line and takes the slot previously taken by Axe Mastery.
- In addition to its previous functionality, this trait now also causes interrupts to inflict 4 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
- This trait has been moved to the Grandmaster tier.
| April 15, 2014
- Damage to stunned and knocked down foes has been decreased from 25% to 20%.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Merciless Hammer has been added to the game.