- This article is about the mount. For other uses, see Warclaw (disambiguation).
Trained for battle and siege warfare, the warclaw knows no fear.
— In-game description
- Buy the Path of Fire expansion
- Spend at least 1 World Ability Points in the Warclaw Mastery section.
- Complete the Warclaw Companion collection.
- All objectives may be completed in default WvW maps
- The camp capture objective cannot be completed in Edge of the Mists
- Complete the associated Warclaw Reward Track.
- Purchase from Elvie the Warclaw Tender for 8 after using the Warclaw Certificate of Ownership.
The Warclaw is a spiritual animal bound to armor found in the Mists. Discovered by the Durmand Priory's expeditions into the Mist Wars territories, it is related to other mystical constructs such as the sand jackals, Exalted, and Forged. The creature manifests once the armor set is placed together and imprints on the one who assembled the armor, and will disperse if the armor is disassembled. The armor itself is of Tyrian design, but mirrors styles of multiple cultures throughout Tyria's history, making its exact origin unclear. 
Related world abilities
Total Cost: 126
Unlock the warclaw mount, its skills, and its abilities.
|1||Unlock the Warclaw companion achievement||1|
|2||Your warclaw moves faster in territories you own.||15|
|3||Your warclaw gains an extra stamina bar.||20|
|4||Battle Maul now finishes enemies who are in a downed state.||25|
|5||Unlock a second skill that allows your warclaw to detect enemies.||30|
|6||Unlock a third skill that allows your warclaw to pull on gates to damage them.||35|
|Warclaw||Summon and mount your warclaw.|
|1||Battle Maul||Pounce on foes.|
|Superior Battle Maul||Pounce on foes, finishing foes who are in a downed state. (Replaces Battle Maul with rank 4)|
|2||Sniff||60||Detects the scent of nearby enemies and temporarily marks their location on the map. (Unlocked with rank 5)|
|3||Chain Pull||½||2||Damage gates by pulling on them with a chain that's attached to your warclaw. (Unlocked with rank 6, activating it replaces skill bar with the following two skills.)|
|1||Chain Pull||¼||4||Pull on the gate to inflict damage.|
|2||Release Chain||1||Release the Chain.|
|Dismount||Dismount your mount|
- Superior Battle Maul can finish downed players.
- Only 3 players can use Chain Pull on a gate. Each pull costs 1 Supply and deals 2000 damage to gates.
- Chain Pull is neither affected by the effect Hardened Gates (Reducing incoming non-siege-weapon attacks by 50%), the mastery Siege Might (increasing siege damage up to 10%) nor by the effect Structural Vulnerability (applied by Flame Rams, increasing damage dealt to gates by 1% per stack, up to 10 stacks).
- The third point spent in the Warclaw Mastery grants an extended endurance bar which has three uses, like the Jackal. This third bar is not active outside of WvW maps.
Early design revealed in Guild Chat Ep. 82.
- It is the slowest mount.
- Its base Movement Speed in WvW is about 453 u/s, which is a 54% increase over standard movement out of combat or a 16% increase over out of combat movement speed with Swiftness.
- Its movement speed in PvE and in allied controlled territories with the second ablility unlocked is about 539 u/s, which is a 83% increase over standard movement out of combat or a 37% increase over out of combat movement speed with Swiftness.
- Continuously using the movement ability further increases the effective movement speed to about 590.
- Mount masteries available in PvE are not active in WvW.
- This mount cannot be used underwater and cannot be remounted while in combat.
- It is unaffected by Crowd Control like every other mount.
- It has 10,972 health.
- Being forcibly dismounted knocks the player down with full health. Any conditions that have been applied to the mount are then transferred to the player.
- This mount can neither be used in the Edge of the Mists nor in the Obsidian Sanctum.
- Added to the game with the 5th March 2019 update.
- The running/walking animations for the mount are identical to those of the Griffon.[verification requested]
- Tame the Warclaw, Guildwars2.com
- Warclaw Announced, Guildwars2.com
- Warclaw Preview (Meow), Twitch.com