- This article is about the mount. For other uses, see Warclaw (disambiguation).
Warclaw is a mount available exclusively through World versus World. It is the second new mount released since the launch of Path of Fire.“
Trained for battle and siege warfare, the warclaw knows no fear.
— In-game description
Upgrades to the warclaw mount improve its movement speed in owned territories, grant new skills, which allows to detect enemies and to damage gates, as well as add additional effects to its engage skill Battle Maul, such as the ability to finish foes when used.
- Buy the Path of Fire expansion.
- Spend at least 1 World Ability Points in the Warclaw Mastery section.
- Complete the Warclaw Companion collection.
- All objectives may be completed in default WvW maps
- The camp capture objective cannot be completed in Edge of the Mists
- Complete the associated Warclaw Reward Track (necessary to complete the collection).
- Purchase from Elvie the Warclaw Tender for 8 after using the Warclaw Certificate of Ownership.
Discovered by Durmand Priory scholars, warclaws are magical constructs bound to armor of uncertain origin. Assembling the armor will manifest a fierce and loyal mount to ride in the Mists—but you’ll need to join the Mist War to find it.
The Warclaw is a spiritual animal bound to armor found in the Mists. It is theorized that the creature was made years ago for some ancient war in the Mists and abandoned after the war had concluded. Discovered by the Durmand Priory's expeditions into the Mist Wars territories, it is related to other mystical constructs such as the sand jackals, Exalted, and Forged. The creature manifests once the armor set is placed together and imprints on the one who assembled the armor, and will disperse if the armor is disassembled. The armor itself is of Tyrian design, but mirrors styles of multiple cultures throughout Tyria's history, making its exact origin unclear.
Related world abilities
Total Cost: 166
Unlock the warclaw mount, its skills, and its abilities.
|1||Unlock the Warclaw companion achievement.||1|
|2||Your warclaw moves faster in territories you own.||15|
|3||Your warclaw gains an extra stamina bar.||20|
|4||Battle Maul now finishes enemies who are in a downed state.||25|
|5||Unlock a second skill that allows your warclaw to detect enemies.||30|
|6||Unlock a third skill that allows your warclaw to pull on gates to damage them.||35|
|7||Unlock a fourth skill that enables you to throw a spear at a mounted player, dismounting you both.||40|
|Warclaw||Summon and mount your warclaw.|
|1||Battle Maul||Pounce on foes.|
|1||Superior Battle Maul||Pounce on foes, finishing foes who are in a downed state. (Replaces Battle Maul with rank 4)|
|2||Sniff||60||Detects the scent of nearby enemies and temporarily marks their location on the map. (Unlocked with rank 5)|
|3||Chain Pull||½||2||Damage gates by pulling on them with a chain that's attached to your warclaw. (Unlocked with rank 6, activating it replaces skill bar with the following two skills.)|
|1||Chain Pull||¼||4||Pull on the gate to inflict damage.|
|2||Release Chain||1||Release the Chain.|
|4||Lance||½||30||Throw a lance at your target. Hitting mounted foes dismount both them and you.|
|Dismount||Dismount your mount|
- Superior Battle Maul can finish downed players.
- Only 3 players can use Chain Pull on a gate. Each pull costs 1 Supply and deals 2000 damage to gates.
- Each Warclaw currently chained to a gate adds one stack of Chain Attached.
- Chain Pull is affected by the effect Structural Vulnerability (applied by Flame Rams, increasing damage dealt to gates by 1% per stack, up to 10 stacks).
- Chain Pull is not affected by the effect Hardened Gates (Reducing incoming non-siege-weapon attacks by 50%), or the mastery Siege Might (increasing siege damage up to 10%).
- The third point spent in the Warclaw Mastery grants an extended endurance bar which has three uses, like the Jackal. This third bar is not active outside of WvW maps.
Early design revealed in Guild Chat Ep. 82.
- On average, it takes 8 hours to complete the Warclaw Reward Track without Potion of WvW Rewards or any bonuses.
- It is the slowest mount.
- Its base Movement Speed in WvW is about 453 u/s, which is a 54% increase over standard movement out of combat or a 16% increase over out of combat movement speed with Swiftness.
- Its movement speed in PvE and in allied controlled territories with the second ability unlocked is about 539 u/s, which is a 83% increase over standard movement out of combat or a 37% increase over out of combat movement speed with Swiftness.
- Continuously using the movement ability further increases the effective movement speed to about 590.
- Mount masteries available in PvE are not active in WvW.
- This mount cannot be used underwater and cannot be remounted while in combat.
- It is unaffected by Crowd Control like every other mount.
- It is immune to stealth. Mounting it while being stealthed removes the stealth, trying to stealth while being mounted will display Immune instead.
- It has 10,972 health.
- Being forcibly dismounted knocks the player down with full health. Any conditions that have been applied to the mount are then transferred to the player.
- If the warclaw dies to fall damage, the player will be defeated.
- This mount cannot be used in the Edge of the Mists nor in the Obsidian Sanctum.
- As of the April 23, 2019 update,
- Players can no longer contest capture points while mounted on a warclaw.
- Being dismounted for any reason adds a 5 second recharge on the Warclaw Mount skill. This includes damage, using the engage skill, or using the dismount skill.
- Added to the game with the 5th March 2019 update.
- The running/walking animations for the warclaw are identical to those of the griffon.
- Tame the Warclaw, Guildwars2.com
- Warclaw Announced, Guildwars2.com
- Warclaw Preview (Meow), Twitch.com