From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Electrify your shield, preparing to throw it at foes. Stun nearby enemies that attack you while blocking.
- Stun: 1 second
- Block Duration: 2 ½ seconds
— In-game description [?]
- Over Shield — Shield skills gain reduced recharge and grant protection to nearby allies. Protection on you gains increased damage reduction.
- Static Shield will keep blocking until the end of the channel.
- Throwing the shield, or attacking, interrupts the channel, ending the block prematurely.
- The skill blocks melee and ranged attack, but only enemies in melee range will be stunned when they attack. Only the enemy that attacks is stunned.
- The stun is able to interrupt skills like Blurred Frenzy or Pistol Whip despite the dodging effect of these skills.
- The skill applies the effect Static Shield.
- The stun effect does not have an internal cooldown, allowing this skill to obliterate defiance bars if timed correctly by blocking attacks that hit multiple times.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 07, 2020||
|October 18, 2016||
|June 25, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- The shield in this skill's icon resembles a Whisper's Secret Shield.