From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
— In-game description
|Static Discharge (PvE)||Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. Critical hits with this ability deal increased damage.|
|Static Discharge (WvW, PvP)||Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. Critical hits with this ability deal increased damage.|
- The bolt of lightning will not trigger until the animations, activation time, and aftercast delay of the toolbelt skill triggering it have been completed, so it will trigger instantly with toolbelt skills with no activation time.
- A bolt of lightning is released directly to the selected target, when using skills with a targeting system such as Surprise Shot or Throw Wrench.
- A bolt of lightning is released to the direction the character is currently looking at, when using skills without a targeting system such as Reconstruction Field or Detection Pulse. To prevent shooting your bolt into the ground, stand still and start using an auto attack before using such a tool belt skill. This causes the engineer to face the target directly.
- A bolt of lightning is released to the targeted location, when using skills with a groundtargeting system such as Grenade Barrage or Med Pack Drop.
- Works as expected with sequence skills such as Mine Field; each activation of a tool belt skill will trigger the trait.
- Since the Heart of Thorns expansion, this trait no longer causes queue interrupts after using a tool belt skill.
- Since the Heart of Thorns expansion, this trait no longer has two different Static Discharges, one stronger than the other, for different tool belt skill under special circumstances.
For a detailed trait history, see here.
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|December 11, 2018||
|February 22, 2017||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|May 20, 2014||
|August 28, 2012||Game release: