Shade. Sand rises up near your shades to shield nearby allies.
Targets affected by this ability can only be affected once per cast.
- : 2,487
Life Force Cost
- Barrier: 2,428 (0.874)?
- Radius: 180
— In-game description [?]
- Abrasive Grit — Granting an ally a barrier removes conditions afflicting them and grants might. This effect only occurs with barrier from scourge skills and traits.
- Sand Savant — Summon only one shade at a time. This greater shade has a modified recharge. Influence a larger area with shade skills. A greater shade counts as three shades for related traits..
- The Scourge may occasionally shout "Barriers! Now!" when using Sand Cascade.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 08, 2020
- Reduced the target cap of shades from 3 to 2 in WvW only. Reduced the target cap of greater shades from 5 to 2 in WvW only.
|July 07, 2020
- Shade skills have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.
|February 25, 2020
||Competitive content update:
- (Competitive split) Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
|October 02, 2018
- Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from respecting party and squad prioritization.
|October 01, 2019
- Shade skills no longer affect the area around the scourge while they have a shade present in the world.
- Increased the number of targets affected by shade skills from 3 to 5.
|March 27, 2018
- Scourge (Profession): Fixed an issue that caused an obstruction error when there wasn't a line of sight to a target, but there was a line of sight to the shade.
- Enemies in range of the shade will now be struck if the shade is visible to the necromancer.
- Fixed an issue in which this skill could still hit downed enemies multiple times.
|February 06, 2018
- Added a 0.5-second warning to enemy players on each shade and on the player when activating a shade skill.
- Increased the cooldown of this skill from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Increased the barrier granted by this skill by 15%.
|December 12, 2017
- All skills that grant barrier now give 15% more barrier.
|November 07, 2017
- Fixed a bug that could cause this skill's targets to be lost due to proximity between shades or the casting scourge.
|September 22, 2017
||Path of Fire release:
- Sand Cascade has been added to the game.