Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm
The situation worsens for the citizens of Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Volunteers have eased the burden, but more refugees hobble down from the Shiverpeaks. The storm there gains momentum, but the forces of good are beginning to rally. They're sending their heroes to defend the land and its peoples. Someone must hold back the gathering storm.
In Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm, the second installment in this four-part series, the stakes are raised, and battles rage, in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks.
— Official website
- Temporary features
- Permanent features
- Guild missions
- New currencies: Guild Merits and Guild Commendations
- New Ascended accessories and stat combinations for existing rings and amulets
- New structured PvP map: Spirit Watch
- Two team rated play in PvP
- Selectable daily achievement system
- Preview items in the Trading Post
- Revamped Ascalon Catacombs Explorable encounters
- 26 February 2013
Camps in Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel become crowded and refugees head to Lion's Arch. One of the Lionguard is assigned to coordinate the new refugee camp. The Molten Alliance of Flame Legion and dredge who previously stayed in the background, now make an appearance. The various members of Destiny's Edge call upon their trusted allies for help, who can assist as part of The Gathering Storm. The Consortium is assisting refugees in Lion's Arch and helping them build homes in Southsun Cove. Refugees arrive in Lion's Arch missing their Refugee's Goblet and Refugee's Wooden Soldier. Heroes can assist them as part of Lost and Found.
- 11 March 2013
- 18 March 2013
Flame and Frost
- Primary article: Flame and Frost (achievements)
This release expands on the event of the prelude and gives two new Flame and Frost achievements.
The Gathering Storm
- Primary article: The Gathering Storm
Lost and Found
- Primary article: Lost and Found
- Primary article: Guild mission
- Flame and Frost mail, an in-game mail alerting players to story-related events.
- Herald, the in-game mechanism for informing players about the storyline.
- A new event scaling system was introduced that is being tested on certain high level events, and is planned to be expanded if successful.
- Adjustments and bug fixes were applied to the rewards systems to significantly increase availability and quality of loot from drops, chests, bosses, and gear boxes.
- Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm on official website
- Guild Missions blog post
- Spirit Watch PvP Map announcement