Delve Into the Fractals of the Mists
Explore great moments from Tyria’s past and test your battle skills in this never-ending chain of dungeons that become more and more challenging the farther you go! Begin your battle through time and space in this infinitely challenging series of dungeons!
— Official website
Fractured is the release launched on November 26, 2013. The release delivers Captain Ellen Kiel's election promises that players voted for during Cutthroat Politics, most prominently the fractal about the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown caused by the Inquest.
- Living World
- Story instance with Kiel for exploring the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown
- Continuation of the fight against the Toxic Alliance at the Tower of Nightmares
- Three permanent new fractals
- Two new boss fractals serving as possible bonus fractals besides the Solid Ocean Fractal
- Fractal of the Mists changes
- The random selection now takes length and difficulty of fractals into account, starting with easier ones at the beginning while progressing to more difficult ones
- The boss fractal now occurs at the end of every fractal run, instead of just even numbered runs
- Fractal difficulty and reward level is now account-bound
- Mistlock Instability: A new type of difficulty starting at fractal level 31 will introduce new challenges that are unique for every level
- Agony resistance changes
- A new agony resist infusion slot is added to all infused rings and backpacks. Current equipment will start with a +5 agony resist infusion which replaces the agony resist that was previously on the item itself
- Agony resist +1 infusions will be commonly found in fractals above level 10
- Artificers can combine infusions to create ones with higher resistance, requiring Thermocatalytic Reagent
- Reward changes
- A daily bonus chest will reward Empyreal Fragments, Fractal Relics, a Pristine Fractal Relic and gold depending on the reward level. Depending on the level it may also reward Fractal weapon skins, ascended rings and weapons, and infused rings
- Repeatable reward chest for completing a fractal, that contains Fractal Relics, Agony resistance infusions and random equipment
- Other changes
- Obsidian Sanctum
- The jumping puzzle can now be entered from anywhere in the world using the WvW panel.
- A new arena space has been added to allow combat between opposing groups of players.
- Borderlands Bloodlust will no longer apply in this new area.
- Letter of Influence
- Hoard of Ascended Materials
- Fractal Gear Box
- Six Finisher Package
- Wintersday Minis 3-Pack
- New Miniatures
- New Finishers
- New Rune and Sigil
Upon first logging in, players receive the following mail:
- The Fractal of the Mists leaderboard was supposed to be featured in this release but was put off.