— Guild interface
Guild Initiative Headquarters
— Dougal Keane
The Guild Initiative Headquarters acts as a miniature guild hall and is available for all guilds. It is an instanced area accessed by entering the portal next to the Guild Bluff Waypoint in the Postern Ward area of Lion's Arch.
Accessing the Headquarters for the first time will grant your guild its first Guild Upgrade Prerequisite.
|Guild Initiative Registration||Access the Guild Initiative's central office in Lion's Arch.||Access to more Guild Upgrades.|
Upgrade Prerequisites do not give new services but instead unlock access to better upgrades. The most common prerequisite upgrades are Building renovations.
Inside the Headquarters you will find the following services:
- Hannah the Younger (Guild Registrar)
- Guild Officer (Guild Commendation Trader)
- Grímur Oddursson (Guild Initiative Notary)
- Kogga (Guild Hall Explorer)
- Sarah McKenzy (Guild Hall Explorer)
- Hashim (Guild Hall Explorer)
- Minister Nguyen (Guild Hall Explorer)
|General Merchant||25||30||Adds a merchant with harvesting and salvage tools to the guild's private locations.||10 GXP|
|Repair Anvil||25||20||Adds a repair anvil to the Guild Initiative Headquarters and the guild's hall, if they have one.||10 GXP|
|Guild Vault: Stash||1,000||50||Grants access to a 50-slot guild vault and gold storage.||10 GXP|
Purchasing upgrades will grant your guild Guild Experience (GXP). For every 100GXP that your guild earns it will gain 1 Guild Level. The higher your Guild Level the more upgrades will be available.
Available guild halls
|Guild hall name||Description|
|Isle of Reflection||
Claiming a guild hall
In order to claim a guild hall, you will need to purchase one of the following upgrades.
- Expedition to the Gilded Hollow
- Expedition to the Lost Precipice
- Expedition to Windswept Haven
- Expedition to the Isle of Reflection
The player initiating a claim to a new guild hall requires the following:
- "Claim Guild Hall" Permission
- Path of Fire (owners of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns can initiate claims for the Heart of Maguuma halls)
If you meet the necessary requirements, you can initiate an "expedition" to claim the hall of your choice. That expedition remains open until you successfully take over the hall; you can keep trying without having to pay again.
Once you arrive at the unclaimed Guild Hall you will need to complete an event to clear the map of hostile enemies.
- Lost Precipice / Gilded Hollow
- Event: Kill the vinewrath knights to weaken the vinewrath (80) [Group Event]
- Timer effect: Air Toxicity
- First phase: Mordrem Mender breakbar
- Second phase: Legendary Mordrem Commander Axe
- Windswept Haven
- Event: Kill the Mordant Crescent Attackers (80) [Group Event]
- Timer effect: Corruption
- First phase: Champion Awakened Defiler breakbars
- Second phase: Legendary Mordant Crescent Hierarch
This guide has been written from the perspective of a Heart of Thorns guild hall, however the event plays out similarly for each Guild Hall - the foes within the Windswept Haven are however substituted for Awakened.
First phase - Groups of enemy Mordrem, and Mordrem Vinetenders with breakbars protecting Mordrem Maws: The expedition begins with five waves of Mordrem Maws that spawn in random locations around the map and must be defeated within a short time limit (3 minutes and 30 seconds). The number of Mordrem Maws that spawn per wave scales based on the number of players in the instance. Spread out in teams of 5-10 players each and assign commanders to cover various areas of the map. When you reach a Mordrem Maw, it will have a shield up protecting it; kill the Mordrem Vinetenders to bring down the shield. If players fail to defeat all of a wave's Mordrem Maws within the time limit, the map-wide air toxicity will raise, as indicated by a bar in the upper right corner. If the air toxicity bar fills completely, the expedition fails. However, you can repeat this step as many times as needed.
Second phase - Legendary foe(s): After you have cleared five waves of Mordrem Maw, a Legendary Mordrem Commander Axe, or multiple legendary mobs of the same name, will spawn. The number that must be defeated depend on the number of players present. The Vinewrath Knights are heavily armored, however their armor can be removed by breaking the Defiance bar. Otherwise they function similarly to Legendary Axemaster Hareth. Some Vinewrath Knights are not easily fought in melee so you may need the use ranged weapons.
Victory - The Crystal Chamber: After all Vinewrath Knights are defeated, the Vinewrath blocking the crystal throne will wither away and a guild leader with appropriate permissions can interact with the crystal to claim the hall for your guild. Once you've claimed a guild hall, you are sent into the guild hall proper and it is time to begin upgrading.
For completing the expedition you will earn another Guild Upgrade Prerequisite and unlock access to the Guild Hall.
|Guild Hall Obtained||Complete the Event and claim the Guild Hall.||Access to the Guild Hall and more Guild Upgrades.|
You can teleport to your Guild Hall at any time by going to theGuild Interface and selecting "Guild Hall" to the right side by your Guild Level.
General claiming tips
- Many consider the expedition to Windswept Haven to be the most challenging of the three. Boon removal is a good idea, to counter the Awakened Defilers and Canids.
- As noted above, there is no cost to an attempt; you only pay once per claim.
- The events scale at squad sizes of multiples of 10s, so nine players will find it easier than ten and twenty will find it worse than nineteen.
- Generally, it helps to create sub-squads to target each spawn.
- The squad may include people who do not belong to the guild. If you need help, make a request in the neighboring map (i.e. Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, or Domain of Vabbi) or using the LFG tool.
Changing guild halls
Changing halls is the same as claiming the original: someone with the relevant permissions must speak to the destination's Guild Hall Explorer, and you must make an additional payment of 100 . Your team must also successfully complete the expedition event. It is a good idea to remove all decorations, as otherwise they remain at the same map coordinates, which will be inconvenient in the new hall. The new hall retains all improvements and upgrades as the original and there is no limit to how many times you can change, other than the cost.
- Primary article: Guild upgrade
After claiming your guild hall, many further upgrades are available that add buildings, improvements, and other features. Each upgrade has a different set of requirements that may include items, favor, gold, or Aetherium. These requirements must be met before the upgrade can be activated. Any guild member can look at the list of available upgrades however only a guild member with guild upgrade permissions can actually activate the upgrade.
The first steps on upgrading a guild hall should be done in the following recommended order as the rest of the upgrades are highly dependent on each other. The sequence of upgrades becomes more flexible as you progress. The upgrades listed here are in a recommended order.
Getting started on upgrading your Guild Hall
- Tavern Restoration 1 — The first upgrade you must complete for the Guild Hall is the Tavern Restoration 1. Talk to Gamli Aðalsteinnson for this upgrade.
- Mine Excavation 1 — Completing this allows your guild to start mining Aetherium used to create Guild Upgrades. Your guild must be level 2 to start this upgrade.
- Aetherium Capacity 1 — In order to get the required Aetherium for Workshop Restoration 1 you need to increase the Aetherium cap.
- Workshop Restoration 1 — Unlocks Scribe and the rest of the buildings. In addition to other upgrades for the respective buildings.
From here, the order does not matter. You do need to keep in mind prerequisites of upgrades however.
Guild upgrades will be primarily grouped around the six main buildings, each of which is associated with elements of guild gameplay. Locations vary.
- Guild Arena — an area for guild members to use as a combat sandbox and customize it with obstacles and traps
- Guild Market — associated with finance, mercantilism, and unlocks a new tier of guild weapons and armor for your weaponsmith and armorer
- Guild Mine — allows guilds to gather and store aetherium
- Guild Tavern — associated with socialization and effects
- Guild Workshop — associated with gathering and the guild crafting discipline, Scribe
- War Room — allows guilds to interact with claimed objectives in World versus World with features such as air ship strikes
Guild enhancements add a selectable personal enhancements available at the bartender in the tavern. Either Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire is required to use guild enhancements. Only one can be activated at a time. Unlocking additional enhancements raises the percentages of each enhancement.
- Guild Enhancement: Critical Crafting — increases the chance of getting a critical success when crafting an item.
- Guild Enhancement: Critical Harvesting — increases the chance of getting a critical success when harvesting a node.
- Guild Enhancement: Experience — will increase the rate of experience gain.
- Guild Enhancement: Karma — will increase the rate of karma gain.
- Guild Enhancement: Magic Find — increases the chance of finding magic items.
- Guild Enhancement: Map Bonus — increases how often you get map bonuses.
- Guild Enhancement: PvP Reward Boost — increases the rate at which PvP Reward Track progress.
- Guild Enhancement: World Experience — increases the rate of WXP gain.
- Guild Portal — allows guild members to travel to guild mission locations.
- Decorations — players can choose where various decorations are positioned within the guild hall.
With the exception of the guild hall explorer, all guild halls share the same NPCs, although they appear at different locations.
Guild Initiative service NPCs may appear and disappear depending on the current level of the guild that you are representing. The options offered will vary depending on your Guild permissions and whether your account has either expansion unlocked.
- Brine Clutchall (Market Proprietor)
- Castor Shoutsman (Arena Proprietor)
- Gamli Aðalsteinnson (Tavern Proprietor)
- Kensho Arrowsoul (Workshop Proprietor)
- Pall Gilmore (Guild Initiative Notary)
- Rekka (Mine Proprietor)
- Sophia Carriker (War Room Proprietor)
- Cullen (Master scribe)
- Davis the Survivor (War Materials)
- Douglas Bird (Basic Decorations)
- Fion (Guild Decoration Trader)
- Guild Initiative Representative (guild armorer)
- Guild Initiative Representative (guild weaponsmith)
- Guild Initiative Representative (merchant)
- Kresh Defttalon (Guild Miniatures)
- Natasha Foxsong (Guild Anthems)
- Nathan the Bartender (Guild Enhancements)
- Robb (Guild Sound Technician)
- Sigurlina Jonsdottir (Guild Trader)
- Stalwart Ben (Guild Commendation Trader)
- Arena Obstacles Coordinator
- Blue Team Coordinator
- Free-for-All Coordinator
- Green Team Coordinator
- Invulnerability Coordinator
- Red Team Coordinator
- Anvil (Reinforce Armor)
- Esa the Frugal (Treasury)
- Guild Initiative Representative (guild bank)
- Kogga (Guild Hall Explorer) - only Gilded Hollow
- Sarah McKenzy (Guild Hall Explorer) - only Lost Precipice
- Hashim (Guild Hall Explorer) - only Windswept Haven
- Minister Nguyen (Guild Hall Explorer) - only Isle of Reflection
- Influence Exchangers
Certain objects only appear after the corresponding guild hall upgrade has been completed.
- Aetheric Assembly Device
- Guild Berry Synthesizer
- Guild Herb Synthesizer
- Guild Lumber Synthesizer
- Guild Ore Synthesizer
- Guild Vegetable Synthesizer
- Guild Cloth Synthesizer
- Guild Leather Synthesizer
- Scribing Station
- Concept art
- Guilds without a guild hall can use the Guild Initiative Headquarters in Lion's Arch to gain some of the bonuses before unlocking the hall itself.
- Players do not need an expansion to enter the guild hall - provided it has been claimed by their guild.
- You can enter a guild hall of a guild that you have joined even if you are not representing through the Guild Panel UI. You are required to represent if you want to access any guild services available.
- To enter another guild's hall, you must walk up to the entrance portal of the respective area or use a previously unlocked waypoint while being grouped with one of the other guild's members already inside their guild hall. However, you will not be able to access any guild services.
- Upon claiming a new guild hall, your current upgrades are transferred to the new guild hall and the old guild hall becomes inaccessible.
- You can invite non-guild members to help claim a guild hall. As long as they are in a party with someone of the guild, they can join the same instance. To do this they must walk through the portal, meaning you can only enter with players who have access to that area. This includes not only having the corresponding expansion, but also any masteries required to access the entrance.
- The Maximum Guild Hall Level is Level 69 with a Guild XP of 6,985 out of 7,000 Experience.
- It is possible to arrange a sale of account bound items that are used for guild hall vendors or upgrades. A seller who (temporarily) joins the guild can transfer the account bound items to the guild NPCs.
- Welcome to Guild Halls
- Rethinking Guilds
- Building Your Guild Hall
- Guild Halls: Taken From the Enemy
- Introducing PvP Guild Teams
- Guild Objective Claiming in World vs. World
- Guild Halls: From Pen to Production to Placement
- Guild Halls: Missions for All
- Welcome to Guild Halls on YouTube