Springers are bounding beasts whose powerful legs easily maneuver them through the craggy landscapes of the Desert Highlands and beyond.
— In-game description
The Springer is one of the mounts found in the Crystal Desert in Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire and in Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons. The springer has an unrivaled ability to jump straight up into the sky. You can use it to jump over cliffs, walls, and other hard-to-reach locations. Hold down the hotkey to charge the jump; the longer you charge, the farther up you'll go.
Upgrades to the springer mount improve its jump ability, increase the tolerance for taking fall damage, as well as add additional effects to its engage skill Cannonball, such as the ability to knockdown foes when used.
Path of Fire
The springer is unlocked at the Highjump Ranch in Stampede Uplands in the northern part of Desert Highlands. To get there, follow the cliffs northwest until you reach the Highjump Gap point of interest located west of Auburn Hills. The Raptor's Canyon Jumping mastery is required to cross the canyon.
It is possible to reach this area through many other means; nevertheless, the required heart Help out around Highjump Ranch will not show up until you have trained the Canyon Jumping mastery.
End of Dragons
In Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, the Springer can be acquired by talking to Lieutenant Zhao in Grub Lane in New Kaineng City. After exiting the dialogue the Springer will be unlocked free of charge. Note that this will not unlock the mastery track and you'll still have to purchase it in Path of Fire.
- A springer has 9962 base health.
- Can take in more fall damage than the other mounts, aside from the Skimmer, Griffon, and Skyscale which take no fall damage.
- Has approximately 95% fall damage reduction with Fortified Descent.
- If holding forwards while charging and holding it after release of charge, the springer will go forward more than if you held forwards after jumping. You can also change the springer's direction while the jump is being charged.
- The springer regenerates its entire endurance bar in 2 seconds.
- Springer Jump Canceling: Charge the jump, just before maximum press the dismount key. You'll get unmounted but still lifted into the air by the momentum and can then use the griffon in the air or glide. This can be used to instantly get height on your griffon or skip to the end of jumping puzzles.
Masteries are not available to players without the Path of Fire expansion.
|Learn to fortify your landing when falling from great heights, greatly increasing your tolerance for taking fall damage on the springer.
|Learn to create a more forceful impact when using Cannonball, knocking down foes.
|Learn to jump up much higher with the springer's movement ability, allowing you to reach new and previously unexplorable areas.
|Master the springer mount and learn to share the bonus from Fortified Descent to all other mounts.
- Gain increased damage when using an engage skill from Ravenous Discipline
- Gain boons when using an engage skill or being knocked off your mount from Nimble Benevolence
- Gain evasion while using endurance from Adroit Evasion
- Gain maximum mount health from Sharing Is Caring
- Gain skills from Crystal Champion masteries
- Gain an additional skill from Ash Legion Mount Stealth
|Summon and mount your springer.
|Engage. Jump into the air, spinning rapidly, and land, smashing into your foes with great force.
|Hold to charge a very high jump. Release early for a shorter jump.
|Dismount your mount
Their long ears and wiggly noses are charming, but the springer's greatest strength is their ability to make jaw-dropping vertical leaps. Traveling merchants and couriers use them to cross sheer cliffs in the Crystal Highlands, shaving weeks off their journeys.
List of Springer skins
- See also: Gallery of Springer skins
- While idle, the springer may perform several animations:
- The springer will clean its face and one of its ears like a rabbit would do. This is the animation played when giving springers a treat.
- The springer may raise its ears with an alert expression, smell the air, then shake its head.
- When this mount is dyed, the hair on its head, ears and tail are colored, along with some stripes on its back.
- The springer may be based off the jerboa or a springhare genera, for example, the South African springhare. It also has features resembling those of a kangaroo, such as the large claws on its feet and its tripod walk.
- The springer's theme is known as "Highland Hares" in the Path of Fire soundtrack.
- Crystal Desert: Fleet of Foot — Unlock the springer mount by completing the Highjump Ranch task region in the Desert Highlands, and by purchasing a springer saddle from Unja. (5)
- Desert Highlands: Springer Backpacking — Take your springer out to help those in need, and gain tasty treats for your springer as a reward. (5)
- Desert Highlands: Carrot Collector — Search Highjump Ranch for carrots to help Unja and her springers. (5 )
- Desert Highlands: Hidden Carrot Hunt — Use your springer to find and collect carrots in the Brightwater Inlet. (6 )
- Seitung Province: Seitung Prison Springer Ride — Ride a springer from the bells of the Seitung Prison to the shrine on Cat Island in under 1 minute without dismounting or teleporting. (3)
- New Kaineng City: Crow Catcher — Use your springer to catch every crow in Grub Lane. (3)
- New Kaineng City: Springer Fling: New Kaineng City — From the entrance behind the waterfall at the Central Power Station, ride a springer to the center platform at the waterfall's edge in under 1 minute without dismounting or teleporting. (3)
- The Echovald Wilds: Springer Fling: Echovald Wilds — Ride a springer from Saint Anjeka's Shrine to the second level of the Temple of the Dredge in under one minute without dismounting or teleporting. (1 )
- Dragon's End: Springer Ride: Kuan Jun Pavilion — Ride a springer from Kuan Jun Pavilion to the top of the Xunlai Jade Museum in under 1 minute without dismounting or teleporting. (3)