Springers are bounding beasts whose powerful legs easily maneuver them through the craggy landscapes of the Desert Highlands and beyond.
— In-game description
The Springer is one of the mounts found in the Crystal Desert in Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. The springer has an unrivaled ability to jump straight up into the sky. You can use it to jump over cliffs, walls, and other hard-to-reach locations. Hold down the hotkey to charge the jump; the longer you charge, the farther up you'll go.
Upgrades to the springer mount improve its jump ability, increase the tolerance for taking fall damage, as well as add additional effects to its engage skill Cannonball, such as the ability to knockdown foes when used.
The springer is unlocked at the Highjump Ranch in Stampede Uplands in the northern part of Desert Highlands. To get there, follow the cliffs northwest until you reach the Highjump Gap point of interest located west of Auburn Hills. The raptor's Canyon Jumping mastery is required to cross the canyon.
It is possible to reach this area through many other means; nevertheless, the required heart Help out around Highjump Ranch will not show up until you have trained the Canyon Jumping mastery.
|Fortified Descent||381,000||2||Learn to fortify your landing when falling from great heights, greatly increasing your tolerance for taking fall damage on the springer.|
|Forceful Impact||457,200||3||Learn to create a more forceful impact when using Cannonball, knocking down foes.|
|High Vault||558,800||4||Learn to jump up much higher with the springer's movement ability, allowing you to reach new and previously unexplorable areas.|
|Masterful Descent||1,222,375||5||Master the springer mount and learn to share the bonus from Fortified Descent to all other mounts.|
Their long ears and wiggly noses are charming, but the springer's greatest strength is their ability to make jaw-dropping vertical leaps. Traveling merchants and couriers use them to cross sheer cliffs in the Crystal Highlands, shaving weeks off their journeys.
|Springer||Summon and mount your springer.|
|1||Cannonball||Engage. Jump into the air, spinning rapidly, and land, smashing into your foes with great force.|
|Rocket Jump||Hold to charge a very high jump. Release early for a shorter jump.|
|Dismount||Dismount your mount|
- Can take in more fall damage than the other mounts, aside from the Skimmer, Griffon, and Skyscale which take no fall damage.
- Has approximately 95% fall damage reduction with Fortified Descent.
- If holding forwards while charging and holding it after release of charge, the springer will go forward more than if you held forwards after jumping. You can also change the springer's direction while the jump is being charged.
- The springer regenerates its entire endurance bar in 2 seconds.
- While idle, the springer may perform several animations:
- The springer will clean its face and one of its ears like a rabbit would do. This is the animation played when giving springers a treat.
- The springer may raise its ears with an alert expression, smell the air, then shake its head.
- When this mount is dyed, the hair on its head, ears and tail are colored, along with some stripes on its back.
- The springer may be based off the jerboa or a springhare. It also has features resembling those of a kangaroo, such as the large claws on its feet and its tripod walk.
- The springer's theme is known as "Highland Hares" in the Path of Fire soundtrack.
- Crystal Desert: Fleet of Foot — Unlock the springer mount by completing the Highjump Ranch task region in the Desert Highlands, and by purchasing a springer saddle from Unja. (5)
- Desert Highlands: Springer Backpacking — Take your springer out to help those in need, and gain tasty treats for your springer as a reward. (5)
- Desert Highlands: Carrot Collector — Search Highjump Ranch for carrots to help Unja and her springers. (5 )
- Desert Highlands: Hidden Carrot Hunt — Use your springer to find and collect carrots in the Brightwater Inlet. (6 )