Shared Inventory Slot
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
— In-game description
|Gem Store||—||—||3 for 1,890|
|Gem Store||—||—||5 for 2,800|
- One slot comes bundled with Heart of Thorns and another with Path of Fire. These slots are initially filled with a Level-80 Boost. Consuming the boost will free up the slot.
- The shared slots can be moved either above all regular bag slots, or below them. This is done by dragging the slot, much like you would with a bag.
- The slot is not a bag slot, and does not allow additional bags to be equipped.
- Vendors and the Trading Post will ignore items in these slots, as will "Deposit all Materials".
- Items that soulbind or are already soulbound cannot be placed here.
- The slots can hold all other items, making it especially useful for salvage kits, gathering tools, gizmos, non-wallet keys, or consumables you want an easy access to on multiple characters across your account, such as the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, Royal Terrace Pass, Bank Access Expresses, or Mystic Forge Conduits.
- Currently, an account can have a maximum of 24 shared slots:
- The packs of 3/5 shared slots are delivered as 3 or 5 single-slot unlocks that can be consumed individually.
- Shared Inventory Slots were introduced on January 12, 2016 in the Gem Store, with a limit of 5 slots per account.
- The Spring 2016 Quarterly Update on April 19, 2016 added a free slot to accounts with Heart of Thorns unlocked, and raised the limit of purchasable slots to 10.
- The limit for purchasable slots was further increased to 13 on July 12, 2016 , and to 16 on January 10, 2017..
- The August 01, 2017 update added a second free slot to accounts with Path of Fire unlocked, bringing the total available limit to 16 purchasable slots plus two free slots.
- With the release of Path of Fire, the cap was once again raised by three additionally purchasable slots, bringing the total available limit to 19 purchasable slots plus up to two free slots. 
- On September 18, 2018, the amount of purchasable slots counts 22.
Gem Store history
|Gem Store History|
|Start date||End date||Discount||Notes|
|January 12, 2016||Available||-||
|April 08, 2016||Unknown||20%|
|August 25, 2016||August 29, 2016||15%|
|November 27, 2016||November 28, 2016||20%|
|March 18, 2017||March 19, 2017||25%|
|August 23, 2017||August 25, 2017||25%|
|December 31, 2017||January 02, 2018||20%|
|March 10, 2018||March 11, 2018||20%|
|June 15, 2018||June 16, 2018||25%|
|August 17, 2018||August 19, 2018||30%|
|December 28, 2018||December 31, 2018||25%|
|March 23, 2019||March 24, 2019||30%|
|July 12, 2019||July 15, 2019||25%|
|September 07, 2019||September 10, 2019||30%|
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/simple-black-lion-gathering-pack-in-the-gem-store/
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/expand-your-shared-inventory-slots-today/
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-items-in-the-gem-store-for-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire/
- ^ https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/55238/game-update-notes-september-18-2018