Shadow of the Mad King 2021
Shadow of the Mad King, our annual Halloween festival, returns with ghoulish capers, spooky fights, and holiday fun! Gather together with the citizens of Lion's Arch to enjoy another year of tricks, treats, and terrible jokes.
— Official website
Shadow of the Mad King is a Halloween-themed festival released on October 5 through November 9. Decorated festival areas have been added outside of each race's capital city: Plains of Ashford, Queensdale, Wayfarer Foothills, Metrica Province, and Caledon Forest. Festival merchants, as well as ominous portals to the Mad Realm, are also present during the festivities.
Items and rewards
- For list of all Halloween rewards and items, see: Halloween/items
- Mad King's Labyrinth - Bloody Prince Edrick has taken over parts of the Mad King's Labyrinth and is controlling the undead armies in the Mad King's Realm. The Skeletal Lich, Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror lie in wait.
- Labyrinth Race - Take part in a race through the Labyrinth on your mounts. (Occurs roughly every 20 minutes)
- Mad King's Clock Tower - Tyria's most maddening jumping puzzle thrilled players during last year's Halloween event and returns better than ever.
- Ascent to Madness - Fight against the Mad King Thorn himself, as he trades in his usual jokes and pranks to face you head on.
- Mad King Says - Join the Mad King Thorn as he commands you to perform actions, or attempts to trick you.
- Lunatic Inquisition - Attempt to survive the night as a villager while the Lunatic Courtiers hunt you down.
- Mad Memoires scavenger hunt
- Reaper's Rumble - A fast-paced PvP format where players compete to recover pumpkins and spawn hordes of skeletons to attack the enemy team’s base.
- Mad King's Raceway - On the fields of Reaper's Rumble, join the races or try your skill at the adventures. Rental for the respective Mounts are available for a small fee.
- Mad Maleficence collection.
- In Halloween Rituals
- (Weekly) Halloween Festivities
- In Shadow of the Mad King
- Court Duty: All's Mad That Ends Mad
- Court Duty: Deference to the King
- Court Duty: Gathering Evidence
- Court Duty: Race to the Precipice
- Court Duty: Terror of the Tower
- Court Duty: The King's Guest
- Court Duty: Untangling the Labyrinth
- Court Duty: Where Lunatics Dare
- Feline of the Labyrinth
- The Outcast Prince
- Mad King's Labyrinth
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Harrower Veltan) - New door boss event.
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Hollowed Gourdbinder) - New door boss event.
New weapon skins and equipment
- Grasping Gaze Shoulders Box
- Corroding Abyss
- Luminous Wings
- Barbed Refuge
- Mini Madam Cookie
- Mini Spectral Palawa Joko
- Recipe: Homemade Campfire Treat
- Plush Zhaia
- Guardian's Dreambound Chest
- Revenant's Dreambound Chest
- Warrior's Dreambound Chest
- Engineer's Dreambound Chest
- Ranger's Dreambound Chest
- Thief's Dreambound Chest
- Elementalist's Dreambound Chest
- Mesmer's Dreambound Chest
- Necromancer's Dreambound Chest
- The above chests will have several of the following weapons based on their profession's main hand weapons:
Guild Hall Decorations
- See also: Shadow of the Mad King 2020#Gallery
- The dreambound chests given by the Mist Stranger are limited to one per account.
- Shadow of the Mad King Arrives October 5, Guildwars2.com
- Shadow of the Mad King 2021 Is Live, Guildwars2.com
- Official release page