Lunar New Year 2017
Lunar New Year 2017 is an event celebrating the new Year of the Rooster, that took place in the Crown Pavilion in Divinity's Reach. It was released with the January 17, 2017 update and ended on February 8th.
- Lunar New Year events
- Returning rewards
- Divine Lucky Envelope
- Dragon Ball Champion's Divine Lucky Envelope
- Homemade Lucky Envelope
- Little Lucky Envelope
- Personalized Homemade Lucky Envelope from Black Lion Chests
- Mini Puppy
- Mini Red Panda
- Mini Tiger
- Mini Golden Pig
- Mini Ram
- Various Firecrackers
- Various Foods
- Red Lantern Guild Hall decorations
- New Items
- Lucky Rooster Lantern
- Lucky Great Rooster Lantern
- Mini Celestial Rooster
- Visage of the Great Rooster Firework
- New Guild Hall Decoration
- New Black Lion Trading Company Items
- Celestial Rooster Glider
- Celestial Rooster Harvesting Tool
- Rox's Pathfinder Outfit
- Solar and Lunar Dye Kit
- Returning Black Lion Trading Company Items
The event takes place in Divinity's Reach, in the Crown Pavilion. During this entire event, all players are affected by the Memories of Home effect, which increases Magic Find by 15%.
The main goal of the Lunar New Year is to open lucky envelopes for prizes. Players can purchase up to 16 Divine Lucky Envelopes from Phaedra each day per account, and can purchase more if they have tokens from playing the Dragon Ball activity. Each envelope costs 1 gold and always drops a figurine that makes back most of that money, along with firecrackers or treats. The envelopes can also rarely drop the two new rooster lantern backpieces, as well as an ornamental figurine worth 8 gold. The envelopes are affected by Magic Find, so it's best to get as much as possible before opening. These envelopes are also available on the Guild Trader for guild commendations.
Players can join in Dragon Ball by talking to Finolla nearby. This is a team-based PvP activity with unique skills. By playing Dragon Ball, players can earn champion tokens. These tokens can be used, along with gold, to purchase up to 16 additional envelopes from Phaedra.
Players can also purchase the Memory of the Zodiac item to recreate a previous year's lantern, if they were unable to get one elsewhere.
- See also: Magic_Find#Maximizing magic find
The Lucky Envelopes from this event are affected by Magic Find. By using boosters and consumables, players can increase their magic find while opening the envelopes, increasing the chances of getting the best rewards, such as the ornamental figurine worth 8 gold.
- Easy Magic Find sources
- The Silverwaste event chain, 5 stacks of participation for 30% each and 50% for killing the mordrem vinewrath. Additionally, opening the envelopes while opening a bandit chest grants additonal magic find. Simply watch your character sheet while opening them.
- The Celebration Booster from the Daily rewards give a cheap 100% Magic Find, and are given once a month (Note: play for free players do not receive daily rewards).
- The Birthday Booster gives the same boost, meaning these two cannot stack.
- All of the food from lucky envelopes grant 25% Magic Find (but only during Lunar New Year). Peppermint Omnomberry Bar, Omnomberry Bar, Omnomberry Tart, Cup of Lotus Fries, Dragonfly Cupcake and Spicy Pumpkin Cookie all grant 30% Magic Find. Chocolate Raspberry Cream and Chocolate Omnomberry Cream grant 32% and 40%, respectively, while under the effects of a boon, as well.
- Firecrackers from this event grant an effect: Rooster's Gift, which gives 10% Magic Find.
- Guilds will sometimes kindly provide a Guild Heroes or Magic Find banner nearby. These give up to 15% Magic Find.
- If you're in a guild and have the Guild Tavern upgrade, purchase Guild Item Research from Nathan the Bartender for a free (up to) 10% Magic Find for 24 hours (in-game time).
- The Halloween utility consumables from Trick-or-Treat Bags grant 30% Magic Find each, and are cheap to acquire on the Trading Post.
- The Call of the Mists buff - active only in the PvP lobby and arena, grants 200% extra magic find; if you wish to use food and utility buffs in conjunction with this boost, you must apply them BEFORE entering the PvP lobby (they will be stripped from your character if you enter PvP combat). You will be unable to benefit from a Magic-Find Infusion in your amulet while in a PvP area, as this equipment is replaced with PvP equipment.