June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Get Ready for the June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack!
— Official website
The June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack release is a series of updates that will be released over the month of June.
Release Schedule Summary
- June 6, 2017 (Full patch notes here)
- Improved LFG
- New Rewards
- Skirmish Rework
- June 13, 2017
- PvP League Season Seven begins
- June 20, 2017 (Full patch notes here)
- Automated PvP Tournaments
- New Structured PvP custom 2v2 arena map
- New PvP lobby
Update Details WvW
- New Rewards
- New Legendary back item: Warbringer.
- New Exotic/Ascended Armor merchants that utilize reintroduced WvW Tournament Claim Tickets—now called WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets.
- Pip system introduced to facilitate a Skirmish reward system similar to PvP League reward system. Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Requires tier 3 participation level (+95 to reward track) to get credit towards the skirmish reward track.
- No progress rewarded for remainder of match if transferred worlds.
- No progress rewarded while in Edge of the Mists.
- Your world's position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).
- Your WvW rank.
- Bonus pips when you're fighting while outnumbered.
- Bonus pip when you've achieved at least the wooden chest reward the previous week.
- Bonus for commanders in squads with 5+ people in it.
- Reward track resets weekly.
- Tier 1, 2, and 3 WvW armor changes. Ability to earn tier 2 Triumphant Hero's armor and newly added tier 3 Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor.
- Tier 1 and 2 WvW weapon changes. Ability to earn tier 2 Mistforged Hero's weapons again.
- UI/Core Gameplay Changes
- New Match History tab that displays war score, victory points, and kill/death statistics
- Introduction of a new squad/party display that will appear on the side of your screen upon entering WvW.
- Scoring changes (As of the June 20, 2017 update)
- WvW will begin a "1 up/1 down" matchmaking system with the next reset.
- Getting 1st place in a match-up moves your server up a tier, if possible. Getting 3rd place moves your server down a tier. Tieing for 2nd place means no server movement.
- Glicko data will continue to be collected, in case it needs to be utilized
- "This is a new test to try to improve how quickly worlds can move into their proper place."
Update Details PvP
- New Maps
- New 2v2 Structured PvP map, Hall of the Mists
- New PvP lobby
- Courtyard has has numerous changes
- Added a "murderball-style" secondary mechanic, where an altar spawns in the center of the arena. Collecting the orb from the altar awards points for as long as the player holds the orb.
- UI Tweaks
- Updated custom arena configuration
- Eternal Coliseum score UI change to make control points display more accurately.
- Official announcement page
- Interview with Grant Gertz and McKenna Berdrow
- Official pre-release details on skirmishes and WvW rewards.