Battle for Lion's Arch/archive
Scarlet's armies have razed Lion’s Arch and occupy the smoldering husk of the proud port city – but she has not won yet! With the noxious miasma dissipating, heroes and friends of Lion’s Arch can mount an assault to re-take the city and fight Scarlet herself. Free the city and put a stop to Scarlet's machinations!
— Official website
Episode 19 - Battle for Lion's Arch
- Dynamic Assault Knight Power Core
- Static Assault Knight Power Core
- Synergetic Assault Knight Power Core
- Gem Store
- Permanent Guild Shield Finisher
- Scarlet's Champions Mini 3-Pack
- Primary article: Battle for Lion's Arch (living world)
After the update, the following mail was sent to all players:
Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed, Captain's Council, Lion's Arch
We are taking back Lion's Arch!
The Lionguard have regrouped, and we are ready. With our allies from the Vigil, Durmand Priory, and the Order of Whispers, we will storm Lion's Arch, establish rally positions, cut down Scarlet's forces, and take the fight to Scarlet herself.
After a year of suffering, invasion, and death at her hands, we have Scarlet right where we want her. Come to Lion's Arch with your rage and your best weapons. Show no mercy to Scarlet and her damned followers. Today begins a battle that will be sung about for years to come. Fight alongside me as we take back our city and wipe Scarlet off the face of Tyria forever.To battle!
—Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed
During the aftermath, players received another mail:
Sorting Out Scarlet's Plans
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Scarlet's actions aren't as random as they seem. There's a pattern here, something she's working toward, and we need to figure it out.I called in every favor I had with the Prior, and they're sending us the evidence they collected around Scarlet's crimes so far. They're shipping it all to the Dead End bar so we can start Piecing it together. Get here as soon as you can. We need you if we're going to finally get some answers.
- Dialogue at Mystic Plaza between Braham Eirsson and Rox
- Braham Eirsson: I don't even like cities, but I'm not letting her have this one.
- Rox: As usual, we're thinking the same thing, my hairless friend.
- Braham Eirsson: Hairless friend? Seriously?
- Rox: What?
- Braham Eirsson: This has got to be the worst scrap you've ever been in, right, Rox?
- Rox: Hard to imagine a worse one than this.
- Braham Eirsson: I can imagine one. Scarlet would be riding a clockwork dragon and...
- Rox: Have you eaten recently? You're getting loopy.
- Braham Eirsson: Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry.
- Rox: We need to talk about me going into the warband, you know?
- Braham Eirsson: What's there to talk about? You'll go, and the rest of us will make a guild without you. No big deal.
- Rox: Without me?
- Braham Eirsson: Well, you can't be in the warband and in our guild. You chose the warband, so... I'll miss you, but...
- Rox: Okay. I guess that's how it's got to be.
- Braham Eirsson: I guess so.
- Rox: Hmmph!
- Braham Eirsson: Hmmmph!
- Rox: You don't have to sound so... okay with it.
- Braham Eirsson: What am I supposed to do? Tie you up and force you to stay?
- Rox: No. Just sound like you mean it when you say you'll miss me.
- Braham Eirsson: If you can't hear it, then you're not listening.
- Rox: Look, having a warband makes me respectable in the eyes of my fellow soldiers. Did you know that some charr spit on gladium?
- Braham Eirsson: What? Why?
- Rox: Not everyone, but some soldiers believe that a warband's sole survivor must have lost her nerve and let the warband down.
- Braham Eirsson: So, they'd rather you died along with everyone else?
- Rox: Yes, that would have been the honorable outcome.
- Braham Eirsson: Oh. And... have you been spit on?
- Rox: In more ways than one.
- Braham Eirsson: Well, if I ever see anyone do that to you, I'll...
- Rox: (laugh) Thank you, Braham. For being my friend.
- Dialogue at Lion's Shadow Inn between Kasmeer Meade and Marjory Delaqua
- Kasmeer Meade: Tell me about your family. What are your mother and sisters like?
- Marjory Delaqua: Not much to tell. My mother sews dresses for a living. Two of my sisters are married, and the other is a Seraph.
- Kasmeer Meade: Do you think I could meet them someday?
- Marjory Delaqua: I don't know, Kas. Maybe.
- Kasmeer Meade: But...
- Marjory Delaqua: Let's talk about it later, when the world isn't crashing down around our heads.
- Kasmeer Meade: So many dead. Have you ever seen anything so terrible?
- Marjory Delaqua: No. Never. Destruction on this scale will make the history books.
- Kasmeer Meade: The legacy of a lunatic.
- Marjory Delaqua: Calling her crazy diffuses the blame. This isn't madness; this is evil. Straight black. Blacker than a moonless night.
- Kasmeer Meade: Get those survivors clear! This area isn't safe. Move them to the order camps outside the gate!
- Kasmeer Meade: Go on. Go with... the Lionguard. Why are you staring at me, Jory?
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm just admiring you.
- Kasmeer Meade: Is this really the time?
- Marjory Delaqua: Not like that. I'm admiring how strong you've become since you showed up, looking for work. You're amazing.
- Kasmeer Meade: You're a good influence.
- Marjory Delaqua: (chuckle) You aren't nearly as commanding when you blush.
- Kasmeer Meade: After this is over, I think we should take a vacation. Somewhere warm, where nothing wants to kill us.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'd say we've earned it. Where do you want to go? The Grove? Rata Sum? Back to Southsun?
- Kasmeer Meade: Not Southsun! I said somewhere things don't want to kill us. I still have nightmares about karka.
|Battle for Lion's Arch|
|1||Battle On The Breachmaker||6:09||Lena Chappelle||SoundCloud|
- Official release page
- Get Ready for the Battle for Lion's Arch
- Battle for Lion's Arch, VGU
- Battle for Lion's Arch Release Notes, VGU