From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Death Magic (trait list)
- Training cost
- 8 Hero points
- Game link
Inflicting a condition on a foe grants carapace. Gain pulsing protection while at or above the carapace threshold.
- Death's Carapace (10s): 20 Toughness
- Death's Carapace (10s): 10 Toughness
- : 25Carapace Threshold
- Interval: 3 seconds
- Protection (3s): -33% Incoming Damage
- Protection (1 ½s): -33% Incoming Damage
— In-game description
Weapon skills that are improved by this trait
- Rending Claws — Axe
- Unholy Feast — Axe
- Dark Pact — Dagger
- Deathly Swarm — Dagger
- Enfeebling Blood — Dagger
- Blood Curse — Scepter
- Rending Curse — Scepter
- Putrid Curse — Scepter
- Grasping Dead — Scepter
- Devouring Darkness — Scepter
- Feast of Corruption — Scepter
- Soul Grasp — Focus
- Spinal Shivers — Focus
- Wail of Doom — Warhorn
- Mark of Blood — Staff
- Chillblains — Staff
- Reaper's Mark — Staff
- Wicked Spiral — Spear
- Deadly Catch — Spear
- Dark Spear — Spear
- Crimson Tide — Trident
- Feast — Trident
- Foul Current — Trident
- Frozen Abyss — Trident
- Chilling Scythe — Greatsword
- Death Spiral — Greatsword
- Nightfall — Greatsword
- Grasping Darkness — Greatsword
- Harrowing Wave — Torch
- Oppressive Collapse — Torch
- Vicious Shot — Pistol
- Weeping Shots — Pistol
- Vile Blast — Pistol
Transform skills that are improved by this trait
- Dark Path — Death Shroud
- Dark Water — Death Shroud
- Doom — Death Shroud
- Wave of Fear — Death Shroud
- Gathering Plague — Death Shroud
- Tainted Shackles — Death Shroud
- Lich's Gaze — Lich Form
- Ripple of Horror — Lich Form
- Death's Charge — Reaper's Shroud
- Terrify — Reaper's Shroud
- Soul Spiral — Reaper's Shroud
- Executioner's Scythe — Reaper's Shroud
- Tainted Bolts — Harbinger Shroud
- Dark Barrage — Harbinger Shroud
- Devouring Cut — Harbinger Shroud
- Voracious Arc — Harbinger Shroud
- Voracious Dive — Harbinger Shroud
Healing skills that are improved by this trait
Utility skills that are improved by this trait
- Blood Is Power — Corruption
- Corrosive Poison Cloud — Corruption
- Corrupt Boon — Corruption
- Epidemic — Corruption
- Summon Bone Fiend — Minion
- Rigor Mortis
- Necrotic Traversal
- Signet of Spite — Signet
- Spectral Grasp — Spectral
- Spectral Ring — Spectral
- Well of Darkness — Well
- Well of Suffering — Well
- "Nothing Can Save You!" — Shout
- "Suffer!" — Shout
- "You Are All Weaklings!" — Shout
- Desiccate — Punishment
- Sand Swell — Punishment
- Serpent Siphon — Punishment
- Trail of Anguish — Punishment
- Elixir of Anguish — Elixir
- Elixir of Ignorance — Elixir
- Elixir of Risk — Elixir
Elite skills that are improved by this trait
- Plaguelands — Corruption
- Summon Flesh Golem — Minion
- "Chilled to the Bone!" — Shout
- Ghastly Breach — Punishment
- Elixir of Ambition — Elixir
Profession mechanic skills that are improved by this trait
Downed skills that are improved by this trait
Drowning skills that are improved by this trait
Trait skills that are improved by this trait
- Dhuumfire — Dhuumfire
- Dhuumfire — Dhuumfire
- Lesser Enfeeble — Weakening Shroud
- Lesser Mark of Blood — Mark of Evasion
- Lesser Spinal Shivers — Chill of Death
- Poison Nova — Death Nova
- Spiteful Spirit — Spiteful Spirit
- Chilling Nova — Chilling Nova
- Sandstorm Shroud — Herald of Sorrow
- Approaching Doom — Doom Approaches
- Cascading Corruption — Cascading Corruption
Traits that improve this trait
- Dark Defiance — If you are disabled, gain protection. Incoming condition damage is reduced while you have protection. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, and launch.
- Blighter's Boon — Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself or remove a boon from an enemy. If you are in reaper's shroud, gain health instead.
Traits that are improved by this trait
- Bitter Chill — Chilling a foe inflicts vulnerability.
- Death's Embrace — Deal increased strike damage while downed. Inflict vulnerability when you strike a foe below the health threshold. Cannot apply vulnerability to the same target more than once per interval.
- Barbed Precision — Critical hits have a chance to cause bleeding. Increases bleed duration.
- Insidious Disruption — Disabling a foe inflicts torment on them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Chilling Darkness — Blinding a target will also apply chill.
- Master of Corruption — Corruptions gain reduced recharge time and inflict additional conditions on you.
- Weakening Shroud — Cast Lesser Enfeeble when entering shroud. Critical hits inflict weakness.
- Unyielding Blast — Shroud skill 1 inflicts vulnerability.
- Dhuumfire — Shroud skill 1 inflicts burning on your target.
- Shivers of Dread — Whenever you inflict fear, you also chill.
- Deathly Chill — Chill deals damage over time.
- Sadistic Searing — Punishment skills gain reduced recharge and cause your next Manifest Sand Shade to inflict burning on foes near it.
- Demonic Lore — Torment you inflict deals increased damage and causes your foes to burn. This trait can only inflict burning on a particular target once every three seconds.
- Vile Vials — Elixir skills gain reduced recharge and inflict vulnerability on nearby enemies.
- Septic Corruption — Deal increased condition damage for each stack of blight you have. Shroud 2 skill also inflicts poison.
- Conditions inflicted by minions will also trigger the effect.
- Stacks of carapace are gained for each condition applied by individual skills, including each stack, ie. with this trait, Chillblains will cause you to gain 3 stacks of carapace per enemy hit.
- Stacks with Putrid Defense, ie. with both traits, Chillblains will cause you to gain 5 stacks of carapace per enemy hit.
For a detailed trait history, see here.
|July 19, 2022||
|October 01, 2019||
|October 23, 2015||Heart of Thorns release:
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update: