From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
You can unlock skills by spending hero points in the training tab inside the hero panel. Hero points are earned by leveling up and by completing hero challenges found throughout Tyria.
— Hero Points
Hero points are character currencies used to progress characters through training skills and traits.
- Level rewards — 398 points
|Level||Hero Points Gained|
- Hero challenge — 1214 points
- Central Tyria — 189 points
- Maguuma Wastes — 11 points
- Heart of Maguuma (Heart of Thorns) — 400 points
- Crystal Desert (Path of Fire) — 290 points
- Cantha (End of Dragons) — 310 points
- Krait Obelisk Shard — 1 point
- World versus World — 13 points
- Heroics Notary — offers consumables to complete a random hero challenge
Hero points are spent in the Training tab of the Hero panel. See Training for the hero point costs of each unlock.
- With the Hero points gained only from leveling a character to level 80 it is possible to unlock all core skills and traits entirely.
- Core skills take 98 points total.
- Core Specializations are 60 points each so 300 total for all 5.
- The 398 combined total for all core skills and specializations is the exact amount gained from level rewards.
- To max each Elite Specialization it requires an additional 250 hero points each.
- This means you need 250 points from hero challenges for each Elite Specialization on top of the level rewards.
- To max two Elite Specializations would be 500 total, three would be 750, etc.
- It is possible to have excess Hero points after unlocking all skills and traits with no way to spend them.
- Skill points were replaced with hero points:
- Unspent skill points earned through level rewards and skill challenges were converted to hero points.
- Any remaining unspent skill points were converted to Spirit Shards.
- Trait points were replaced with hero points:
- Trait guides or trait specific tasks are no longer required to unlock traits.
- When the patch hit, each character got automatic unlocks based on the skills and traits equipped before. Low level character often found themselves with more unlocks than hero points available at their level. In that case, they had a negative amount (even though the value displayed did not reflect it) and were barred from gaining Hero points on level up until they had gained back those missing points. They could still gain points through Hero challenges.
- Specializations, Part Two: Reward Tracks and Elite Specializations
- Ready Up: Specializations system overview on YouTube