If you are disabled, gain protection. Incoming condition damage is reduced while you have protection.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, and launch.
- Condition Damage Reduction: 20%
- Protection (3s): -33% Incoming Damage
— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
|February 25, 2020
||Competitive content update:
- (Competitive split) Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 35 seconds.
|December 11, 2018
- This trait has been renamed Dark Defiance. It now causes necromancers to gain protection for 3 seconds when affected by control effects and causes protection that is applied to the necromancer to reduce their incoming condition damage by 20%. This trait has a cooldown of 20 seconds.
|March 27, 2018
- Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
|June 23, 2015
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
|May 20, 2014
- Updated the description of this trait to indicate "pull" in the list of triggers.
|December 10, 2013
- Decreased the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
|September 25, 2012
- This trait has been updated to properly work with a variety of crowd-control effects.
|August 28, 2012
- Reaper's Protection has been added to the game.