From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
2 1 1
Wizard's Fief is a bay in the southeastern Kessex Hills that leads into the Sea of Sorrows. Within it lies the town of Garenhoff, which is under protection of Isgarren, the current owner of the Wizard's Tower.
Locations and objectives
Garenhoff Vista —
- From Isgarren's View, hop down to the ledge with the vista.
- Hero Challenges
- Master Elementalist Dylane (20)
- Wizard's Tower
- Master Elementalist Dylane
- Mayor Manrin
- Town Guard Plesci
- Dillon: This place is fantastic! We should get elementals to help out in our city.
- Mriel: You work in a quarry. If a bunch of elementals showed up to do manual labor, you'd lose your job.
- Dillon: Oh, right.
- Child: Go on, then.
- Child: Do your worst!
- Child: (laughing)
- Child: That's enough.
- Town Guard Plesci: Sometimes, late at night, I hear strange noises echoing in the canyons.
- Mayor Manrin: What kind of noises?
- Town Guard Plesci: Well, I swear they're screams, but not... you know, human.
- Mayor Manrin: Oh, you're just trying to scare me. You know the wizard will keep us safe.
- Mayor Manrin: The wizard tower tours are expensive. What else can we charge tourists for?
- Town Guard Plesci: What else is there? Wizard dolls? Tower construction sets?
- Mayor Manrin: Good ideas. Get to work on those.
- Town Guard Plesci: Does the wizard mind that we make money off his notoriety?
- Mayor Manrin: Well, he's never said anything to me about it.
- Town Guard Plesci: You've never actually spoken to him, have you?
- Clandint: Did you hear about the body snatching?
- Tillee: Where?
- Clandint: Somewhere west of the canyon.
- Tillee: Thank goodness for the wizard. He keeps us safe.
- Felna: When I was a little girl, elementals—
- Gabriette: —used to destroy your storage sheds and run your livestock off the farm. I know, Grandma. You've told me.
- Child: This is the best view of the wizard's tower in town. You can stand here for three gold.
- Visitor: I can see the tower just fine from here. Thank you.
- Child: I can tell you all about the tower and the wizard for two gold.
- Visitor: Go away, kid. You bother me.
- Child: That costs five gold.
- Visitor: I've seen the wizard's tower. What else is there to do around here?
- Lasha: That's pretty much it. You don't want to go west of the canyon.
- Visitor: Why is that?
- Lasha: Way too dangerous. The people out there are practically barbarians.
- Visitor (1): Hey, check this out!
- (Visitor kicks the Earth Elemental.)
- Visitor (2): (laughing)
- Visitor (1): I can't believe it!
- Luesy: I'm thinking of moving. I'm tired of tourists gaping at us like we're putting on a show for them. I like my privacy.
- Sable: Where will you go?
- Luesy: Divinity's Reach, maybe. I might join the carnival there.
- Sable: You make no sense.
- There is a large sealed gate at the edge of Garenhoff that hides an unused zone portal, leading into the area between Kessex Hills, Lions Arch, and Gendarran Fields.
- The ambient dialogue line "Go away, kid. You bother me." is famously attributed to the comedian W. C. Fields.