The Secondborn are the second generation of sylvari that emerged from the Pale Tree. They awakened around 1304 AE, two years after the firstborn. Many secondborn are held in high regard due to their age, though not as greatly as the firstborn. Some secondborn, such as Cadeyrn and Canach, have developed a sense of jealousy over the firstborn, and find them to be egotistical.
- Amaranda the Lonesome, a seer with a strong connection to the Dream
- Cadeyrn, first of the secondborn, the founder of the Nightmare Court
- Canach, former member of the Consortium
- Ceara, an engineer who terrorized Tyria as Scarlet Briar
- Fiana, a gardener who fell in battle at the Revered Terebinth
- Laranthir of the Wild, the second-in-command and co-founder of the Vigil
- Sariel, an apprentice of Faolain who joined the Nightmare Court
- Serimon, a mender who takes care of newborn sylvari
- Unnamed Secondborn
- 37 unnamed secondborn can be found during The Newly Awakened story instance, with 3 being mentioned as having already died; another 10 in Meeting the Asura (with 13 bodybags containing dead secondborn).
- There are another 11-13 unnamed secondborn in No Refuge, but no indication if they overlap with any met during The Newly Awakened or Meeting the Asura.
- Depending on potential overlap of the No Refuge secondborn, there are between 71 to 84 confirmed secondborn.
- During an interview before game release, it was said that "the second generation of sylvari [was] born from the tree about six or seven years after the Firstborn".  However, this was changed at the end of Living World Season 1, which was the first time the secondborn's age was brought up in-game.
- ^ a b c Post by Angel McCoy, Old Guild Wars 2 Forums (Archived)
- ^ Hidden in Darkness/Saving the Stag Caithe: I knew Sariel before she fell to Nightmare. She was the student of someone I loved very dearly...but that is a story for another day.
- ^ Sylvari Lore Interview with Ree Soesbee & Kristen Perry, TalkTyria.net