The Vigil Keep is the main base of operations for the Vigil, and is located north of the Vigilant Hills within Gendarran Fields. The Vigil Keep acts as a barrier to the north and the fort protects the river running south into Lion's Arch. During Scarlet Briar's attacks on Lion's Arch in 1326 AE, the Keep served as a central hub, replacing the decimated city. After Scarlet's death, the city of Lion's Arch retook its role as a gathering place for any refugees affected by the destruction.
Locations and objectives
- Vigil Keep Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Vigil HQ —
- Crusader Berenice
- Crusader Brent
- Crusader Nicola
- Recruit Hetty
- Recruit Morley
- Tactician Michael
- Tactician Senna
- Warmaster Grayson
- Vigil Blacksmith
- Vigil Crusader
- Vigil Marksman
- Vigil Recruit
- Vigil Tactician
- Vigil Warmaster
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Vigil Marksman: What about the Order of Whispers?
- Vigil Crusader: They know more about us than we do of them.
- Vigil Marksman: I don't trust them.
- Vigil Crusader: Regardless, if they've been observing us, they know we'd be strong allies against the dragons.
- Vigil Recruit: I'm not sure about the Durmand Priory. They're just scholars.
- Vigil Crusader: Their knowledge alone would make them valuable friends.
- Vigil Recruit: But all they crave is knowledge. Can they fight?
- Vigil Crusader: They better, or the dragons will feast on their libraries.
- Crusader Brent: I thought you'd want to know that we received another request from Durmand Priory researchers for some muscle.
- Tactician Michael: What rotten timing. We just can't spare anyone to go play bodyguard while they dig up a bunch of artifacts.
- Crusader Brent: It's for a team researching ways to fight the corruption. They're going deep into dangerous territory and thought the Vigil might want in on it.
- Tactician Michael: I guess it's important, then. I'll put the request through.
- Tactician: Where's the warmaster? I need to see him about gear for the troops going to the Dragonbrand.
- Vigil Crusader: Check the armory. I saw him heading there a while ago.
- Vigil Crusader: Where's the weapon?
- Tactician: On paper, it's ready. But we can't align the firing mechanism.
- Vigil Crusader: How long will it take?
- Tactician: I'll have it ready by the time we hit Zhaitan.
- Vigil Recruit: Eat. Train. Sleep. Eat. Train. Sleep. It's all a blur.
- Vigil Crusader: You'll be thankful when you're cutting down minions of the dragons.
- Vigil Crusader: I wonder what's going on in Cantha. I imagine we're needed there.
- Vigil Marksman: Not until we get a better handle on their situation.
- Vigil Crusader: We've heard nothing from them.
- Vigil Marksman: Exactly. It's better that we help those directly in front of us.
- Crusader Nicola: Haven't seen you in a while.
- Crusader Berenice: I was stationed over near the Grove for a few months.
- Crusader Nicola: In sylvari lands? Wow, that's quite a distance for an assignment. I heard it's really pretty there. Is it?
- Crusader Berenice: Sure, when the undead haven't turned everything into muck, it's gorgeous.
- Vigil Crusader: I was thinking. The Vigil should have a mascot. Like a dolyak.
- Vigil Crusader (charr): What? Why?
- Vigil Crusader: So when they look at it, they say the Vigil is as strong as a dolyak.
- Vigil Crusader (charr): Huh? You know, where I come from, we have another name for dolyaks.
- Vigil Crusader: Yeah? What?
- Vigil Crusader (charr): Lunch.
- Cenedra: Sir, we're having difficulty getting enough supply donations for the support drive.
- Warmaster Grayson: Then try harder. Send messages as far as Rata Sum if you have to.
- Warmaster Grayson: These people are losing their homes and their lands. They need food and medical supplies. We can't fail them.
- Cenedra: Yes, sir!
- Recruit Hetty: I'm itching to get some field work.
- Tactician Senna: Slow down, kid. It sounds like fun, but truth be told, it's damn scary out there. And you can't save lives if you're dead.
- Recruit Morley: I'm an orphan. I've got no family, and now thanks to the centaurs, I've got no home. I figure, if my life's not worth anything, I can do whatever I want with it.
- Recruit Morley: (sigh) Might as well die fighting the dragons, maybe do some good.
- Crusader Terrell: Don't be ridiculous. You're in the Vigil. That means you've got a family and a home. Don't die to fight the dragons. Live to save lives.
- Vigil Crusader (1): If only we had the technology in Rata Sum...
- Vigil Crusader (2): Easier spoken that actualized. The Arcane Council thinks the Vigil is naive.
- Vigil Crusader (1): How can they, with Tyria at stake? They have to know danger threatens even them.
- Vigil Crusader (2): I concur. Logic dictates they'll aid us in greater quantity. It's merely a question of when.
- Vigil Crusader (3): So you dreamed the Vigil before you were born?
- Vigil Crusader (4): I saw a white candle on a black field, a sword held against darkness.
- Vigil Crusader (3): But how did you know this was where you should go?
- Vigil Crusader (4): Ah, I followed the light, of course.
- Addam: Look, I'll sweep up. I'll run errands. I'll do whatever you want.
- Warmaster Yosif: Your eagerness is inspiring, but Vigil members must be adults.
- Addam: Aww, come on. I won't eat much. You can use my rations to feed the hungry.
- Warmaster Yosif: Such sacrifice in one so young. I'll talk to Soulkeeper. Maybe you can clean some weapons.
- Addam: Yes!
- Warmaster Yosif: Small weapons.
- Chest - There is an alcove south of the Asura Gate and east of the main entrance bridge. It is in a cave through a hole in the wall, look for a dead Longhorn Sheep on the ledge you need to jump to, when looking east from the point where the bridge bends. To get to it (if you cannot glide), one must go around the gate and jump on the rocks. Walk along the rocks to where the hole is. Then, walking backwards, drop off the rocks, and immediately walk forwards (while still in the air) to land on the small landing. Inside is a chest, guarded by a Veteran Basilisk.
- On the top balcony, around back, there is a painting reading Lord Beetlestone in New Krytan, depicting a soldier fighting a charr.
- There are also armor statues scattered about reading "Seraph Guard" in New Krytan.