Dragon Response Mission
Dragon minion incursions have thrown once-peaceful lands into chaos, and there's no predicting where the next attack will erupt.
Each chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions introduces new Dragon Response Missions, which can be tackled solo or in a group of up to five players. In these encounters, you'll head to invasion points to shore up defenses and protect the area from rampaging dragon minions. Work together with allied reinforcements to neutralize powerful dragon champions—the ultimate threat at the heart of the assaults.
The missions contain story from Episode 5 of The Icebrood Saga, "Champions". Like Personal Story instances, Dragon Response Missions can be completed by a party of 1 to 5 and their difficulty scales to accommodate the number of players.
List of dragon response missions
|#||Name||Encounters||Release||Elder Dragon||Unfinished weapons|
|1||Metrica Province||Chapter 1: Truce||Primordus||Crimson weapons|
|2||Brisban Wildlands||Chapter 1: Truce||Primordus||Crimson weapons|
|3||Gendarran Fields||Chapter 1: Truce||Primordus||Crimson weapons|
|4||Fields of Ruin||Chapter 2: Power||Primordus||Crimson weapons|
|5||Thunderhead Peaks||Chapter 2: Power||Primordus||Crimson weapons|
|6||Lake Doric||Chapter 2: Power||Jormag||Azure weapons|
|7||Snowden Drifts||Chapter 2: Power||Jormag||Azure weapons|
|8||Caledon Forest||Chapter 3: Balance||Jormag||Azure weapons|
|9||Bloodtide Coast||Chapter 3: Balance||Jormag||Azure weapons|
|10||Fireheart Rise||Chapter 3: Balance||Jormag||Azure weapons|
Today's Priority Dragon Response Mission
Completing a mission offers the following rewards:
- One bouncy chest on first daily completion:
- Depending on the amount of challenges completed, one of these rank chests (only one rank chest is received for each completed mission):
Note: challenges can only be completed in private instances by talking to Veadh. You cannot complete challenges in a public instance.
The rank chests above are one of the primary acquisition sources for the following rare rewards:
- Berserker's Volcanic Stormcaller Axe
- Assassin's Volcanic Stormcaller Dagger
- Cleric's Volcanic Stormcaller Focus
- Berserker's Volcanic Stormcaller Greatsword
- Knight's Volcanic Stormcaller Hammer
- Berserker's Volcanic Stormcaller Longbow
- Knight's Volcanic Stormcaller Mace
- Assassin's Volcanic Stormcaller Pistol
- Knight's Volcanic Stormcaller Rifle
- Cleric's Volcanic Stormcaller Scepter
- Knight's Volcanic Stormcaller Shield
- Assassin's Volcanic Stormcaller Short Bow
- Cleric's Volcanic Stormcaller Staff
- Assassin's Volcanic Stormcaller Sword
- Cleric's Volcanic Stormcaller Torch
- Berserker's Volcanic Stormcaller Warhorn
- To craft an unfinished weapon, you need to purchase its recipe from Tactician Erlandson in Eye of the North.
- To create a Crimson Dragon Slayer or an Azure Dragon Slayer from the unfinished weapon, use the unfinished weapon during the final fight and then use the special skill Dragon Forger on the champion while their Defiance bar is broken.
- Crimson weapons require a champion of Primordus and the related unfinished weapon item:
- Azure weapons require a champion of Jormag and the related unfinished weapon item:
List of Ally Factions
|Name||Effect||Event||Advantage||Shining Champion mastery addition|
|Asura||Ally Support: Asura||
|Charr||Ally Support: Charr||
|Ally Support: Crystal Bloom||
|Ally Support: Deldrimor Dwarves||
|Ally Support: Ebon Vanguard||
|Exalted||Ally Support: Exalted||
|Ally Support: Flame Legion||
|Kodan||Ally Support: Kodan||
|Norn||Ally Support: Norn||
|Olmakhan||Ally Support: Olmakhan||
|Seraph||Ally Support: Seraph||
|Skritt||Ally Support: Skritt||
|Sylvari||Ally Support: Sylvari||Missing|
|Tengu||Ally Support: Tengu||
||Adding Read the Wind skill.|
- Dragon Response Mission Private instance is considered as Personal Story instance, which means:
- Before starting, it is important to have all party members to be in the same Eye of the North instance. Players that are in a different instance will not get any invitation from instance initiator.
- Only initiating player (initiator/instance owner) can cancel the mission start. This is useful to prevent starting the instance prior to all member accepting mission invitation.
- Non-initiator can only perform accept or reject mission invitation. If non-initiators reject, they will be left behind in Eye of the North, while any accepting member will be launched into mission instance.
- Party member slots are locked. Unlike dungeons, fractals, strikes, nor raids, players are not given options to join other member already inside the mission instance.
- Players can only use LFG prior starting the instance. Players can't use LFG nor use invitation to fill empty slot, even in Private instance. The late joiner will be unable to join the instance.
- Disconnecting (due to any reason) player, will leave that person unable to rejoin the ongoing mission, no matter what.
- In Private instance, challenges can be activated by talking to Veadh, while support of your allies can be found at Meradh. Both NPCs are not present in Public instance.
- Dragon Response Mission Public instance perform matchmaking that fill players to any empty slot in an instance during pre-event. After pre-event done, however, the rule of private instance works.
- Enhancement Potion against Destroyers and Icebrood do work inside Dragon Response Missions.
- Daily Champions: Daily Dragon Responder — Complete any Dragon Response Missions. (0)
- Champions: Dragon Response Initiate — Complete 10 Dragon Response Missions. (2 )
- Champions: Dragon Response Adept — Complete 20 Dragon Response Missions. (4 )
- Champions: Dragon Response Expert — Complete 30 Dragon Response Missions. (6)
- Champions: Dragon Response Master — Complete 40 Dragon Response Missions. (8)
- Marshaling the Crystal Bloom: Daily Crystal Bloom Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Ebon Vanguard: Daily Ebon Vanguard Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Deldrimor Dwarves: Daily Deldrimor Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Exalted: Daily: Exalted Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Tengu: Daily: Tengu Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Olmakhan: Daily: Olmakhan Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Skritt: Daily: Skritt Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)
- Marshaling the Kodan: Daily: Kodan Missions — Complete 3 Dragon Response Missions. (0) (Historical)