- This article is about the game mechanic. For other uses, see Healing (disambiguation).
Healing is a gameplay mechanic of replenishing health of the player or allies. Every character's most important source of healing is their dedicated healing skill, while most other skills and traits which provide healing can mostly only provide minor healing. The Healing Power attribute directly increases effectiveness of most outgoing and self-healing. The poison condition causes healing to be 33% less effective.
The healed amount appears as a green number aligned with the healed character on the screen. No numbers are shown for characters already at full health.
The healing skill occupies the sixth slot on the skill bar. All professions have four unique healing skills to choose from, and some races provide a fifth choice as a racial skill. These skills generally only heal the caster, with a few exceptions like Healing Spring and "Receive the Light!" which provides an area of effect that can also heal allies but to a lesser effect.
In addition to the dedicated healing skill slot, all professions have some means to provide minor, supportive healing. For example, a warrior can use shouts to heal allies when using the trait Vigorous Shouts and engineers can grant regeneration boon to allies near them with their tool belt skills. However, healing in this manner often only supplements self healing and avoiding and/or reducing incoming damage in the first place rather than becoming a primary source of healing for one or more players. Life stealing is also a manner of healing available to necromancers and thieves. Both regular healing and life stealing can also be done by use of certain consumables or upgrade components.
- Refer to the Healing skills page for a full list of dedicated healing skills.
Other skills that heal
Profession mechanics that heal
Weapon skills that heal
- Detonate Orb of Light (after Orb of Light)
- Faithful Strike
- Shield of Absorption (after Shield of Absorption)
- Light of Judgment
- Water Blast
- Water Trident
- Cone of Cold
- Cleansing Wave
- Tidal Wave
Utility skills that heal
Elite skills that heal
Skills with special conditions that heal
- Bandage Self (tool belt skill with Med Kit)
- Med Pack Drop (tool belt skill with Supply Crate)
- Med Blaster (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Bandages (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Stimulant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Accelerant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Antidote (Med Kit skill)
- Elixir Shell (with Elite Mortar Kit)
- Super Elixir (with Elixir Gun)
- Harmonic Cry (Moa pet skill)
- Chomp (Drake pet skill)
- Chomp (Armorfish pet skill)
- Regenerate (Fern Hound pet skill)
- Eat Egg (stolen)
- Water Arrow (with Conjure Frost Bow)
- Blessing of Dwayna (tool belt skill)
- Summon Healing Spring (with Avatar of Melandru)
- Leafy Bandage (tool belt skill)
Traits that heal
- Altruistic Healing - heal whenever you apply a boon
- Monk's Focus - heal when using a meditation
- Pure of Heart - heals when aegis is removed from you
- Selfless Daring - heals at the end of dodge roll
- Writ of Persistence - symbols heal allies
- Zealous Blade - greatsword attacks heal you
- Vigorous Shouts - causes shouts to heal you and nearby allies
- Soothing Detonation - When you trigger a combo using a blast finisher, allies near the effect are healed.
- Medical Dispersion Field - A percentage of healing you receive is shared with your allies.
- Assassin's Reward - heal yourself for each point of initiative spent
- Invigorating Precision - heal yourself on critical hits
- Healing Ripple - heal nearby allies when attuning to water
- Evasive Arcana - heal nearby allies when successfully dodging while you are attuned to water
- Restorative Mantras - heals the player and nearby allies after preparing a mantra
- Restorative Illusions - heals the player when shattering
- Deathly Invigoration - heals in an area upon leaving Death Shroud
- Transfusion - Life Transfer heals nearby allies
Traits that grant health regeneration
- Battle Presence - grants Virtue of Resolve's effect to allies
- Adrenal Health - based on adrenaline level
- Backpack Regenerator - while using a kit
- Natural Healing - grants health regeneration to your pet
- Shadow's Rejuvenation - while stealthed
- Soothing Mist - regenerate health while attuned to water
Traits that improve healing
- Aquatic Benevolence - increases healing to allies
Upgrade components that heal
- Rune of the Dolyak - rank 6, 30 per second
- Rune of the Flock - rank 6, heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Rune of the Monk - rank 4, chance to heal when hit
- Rune of the Water - rank 6, heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Sigil of Water - chance to heal nearby allies with hits
- Sigil of Restoration - gain health on Killing a foe
- Sigil of Renewal - heal nearby allies on weapon swap
Upgrade components that improve healing
- Rune of the Monk - rank 6, increases healing to allies
- Sigil of Benevolence - increases healing to allies
Consumables that grant health regeneration
After consuming, you gain additional health every second. You will also gain +10% Experience from kills (except where noted). The additional Health gain is unaffected by Healing Power, but may be affected by the Medic-Healing-Bonus.
|Experimental Skritt Wafer||0||10m||21|
|Stick of Cotton Candy||0||10m||21|
|Bowl of Gelatinous Ooze Custard||5||60m||21|
|Bowl of Candy Corn Custard||10||45m||21||+15% Experience from kills|
|Kastaz Roasted Poultry||17||60m||21|
|Seraph Spicy Ration||23||10m||29|
|Banana Cream Pie||25||30m||29|
|Shiverpeak Popper||33||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Grape Pie||40||30m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Dredge Worker Ration||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Pirate Hard Tack||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Slice of Vigil Hard Tack||48||10m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Pumpkin Pie||55||30m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Standard Pact Ration||58||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Raspberry Pie||60||60m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Glazed Pumpkin Pie||60||45m||53|| +50 Vitality|
+15% Experience from kills
|Peach Pie||75||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Mango Pie||80||30m||85||+70 Vitality|
|Bowl of Cactus Soup||80||30m||85||+70 Toughness|
|Bowl of Black Pepper Cactus Salad||80||60m||85||+70 Toughness|
Consumables that grant health on kill
- Glass of Melon Juice - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Bowl of Blueberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Strawberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 30% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Cherry Vanilla Compote - Double-click to gain a 50% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +40 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Blackberry Pear Compote - Double-click to gain a 60% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +50 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Mined Edible Root - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Raspberry Peach Compote - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Omnomberry Compote - Double-click to gain a 100% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +70 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.