- This article is about the game mechanic. For other uses, see Healing (disambiguation).
Healing is a gameplay mechanic of replenishing health of the player or allies. Every character's most important source of healing is their dedicated healing skill, while most other skills and traits which provide healing can mostly only provide minor healing. The Healing Power attribute directly increases effectiveness of most outgoing and self-healing. The poison condition causes healing to be 33% less effective.
Healing scales linearly with healing power depending on the source. For instance, each point of Healing Power adds 0.125 healing for Regeneration and 0.06 healing for Rejuvenation.
Total healing done = (mechanic-specific base healing) + (Healing Power) * (mechanic-specific coefficient)
The healed amount appears as a green number aligned with the healed character on the screen. No numbers are shown for characters already at full health.
The healing skill occupies the sixth slot on the skill bar. All professions have four unique healing skills to choose from, and some races provide a fifth choice as a racial skill. These skills generally only heal the caster, with a few exceptions like Healing Spring and "Receive the Light!" which provides an area of effect that can also heal allies but to a lesser effect.
In addition to the dedicated healing skill slot, all professions have some means to provide minor, supportive healing. For example, a warrior can use shouts to heal allies when using the trait Vigorous Shouts and engineers can grant regeneration boon to allies near them with their tool belt skills. However, healing in this manner often only supplements self healing and avoiding and/or reducing incoming damage in the first place rather than becoming a primary source of healing for one or more players. Life stealing is also a manner of healing available to necromancers, thieves, and revenants. Both regular healing and life stealing can also be done by use of certain consumables or upgrade components.
- Refer to the Healing skills page for a full list of dedicated healing skills.
Other skills that heal
Profession mechanics that heal
Weapon skills that heal
- Detonate Orb of Light (after Orb of Light)
- Faithful Strike
- Shield of Absorption (after Shield of Absorption)
- Light of Judgment
- Water Blast
- Water Trident
- Cone of Cold
- Cleansing Wave
- Tidal Wave
- Solar Beam
- Astral Wisp
- Ancestral Grace
- Sublime Conversion
- Renewing Wave
- Envoy of Exuberance
- Crystal Hibernation
Utility skills that heal
- Command (with Bow of Truth)
- Merciful Intervention
- Signet of the Wild
- Glyph of Alignment (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Shadow Refuge
- Vengeful Hammers
- Natural Harmony
- Purifying Essence
Elite skills that heal
Skills with special conditions that heal
- Bandage Self (tool belt skill with Med Kit)
- Med Pack Drop (tool belt skill with Supply Crate)
- Med Blaster (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Bandages (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Stimulant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Accelerant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Antidote (Med Kit skill)
- Elixir Shell (with Elite Mortar Kit)
- Super Elixir (with Elixir Gun)
- Harmonic Cry (Moa pet skill)
- Chomp (Drake pet skill)
- Chomp (Armorfish pet skill)
- Regenerate (Fern Hound pet skill)
- Cosmic Ray (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Seed of Life (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Lunar Impact (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Rejuvenating Tides (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Eat Egg (stolen)
- Water Arrow (with Conjure Frost Bow)
- Crashing Waves (with Glyph of Elementals (water))
- Blessing of Dwayna (tool belt skill)
- Summon Healing Spring (with Avatar of Melandru)
- Leafy Bandage (tool belt skill)
Traits that heal
- Altruistic Healing — Applying a boon to allies heals you.
- Monk's Focus — Using a meditation skill heals you and grants fury to allies in a radius. Mediation skills have reduced recharge.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Selfless Daring — The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies.
- Writ of Persistence — Symbols last longer, are larger, and heal allies.
- Zealous Blade — Attacks with your greatsword deal extra damage and heal you. Greatsword abilities have reduced recharge.
- Vigorous Shouts — Shouts heal allies and grant adrenaline. Shout recharge faster.
- Dead or Alive — Taking fatal damage while in berserk mode will heal you.
- Live Vicariously - When you heal an ally, you are also healed.
- Cultivated Synergy — Using a healing skill heals allies around you and your pet.
- Verdant Etching — Reduces recharge of glyphs. Activating a glyph skills plants a seed.
- Lingering Light — Healing an ally causes their next attack to heal them and blind their target.
- Soothing Detonation — When you trigger a combo using a blast finisher, allies near the effect are healed.
- Bunker Down — Create a proximity mine and med kit at your location when you critically hit with an attack.
- Medical Dispersion Field — A percentage of healing you apply to yourself is shared with nearby allies.
- Assassin's Reward — Heal yourself whenever you use a skill that uses initiative. Heal yourself for each point of initiative spent.
- Invigorating Precision — You are healed for a percentage of outgoing critical hit damage.
- Driven Fortitude — Gain health when you successfully evade an attack
- Healing Ripple — Heal nearby allies when attuning to water.
- Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.
- Elemental Bastion — Auras you apply heal allies. Apply a frost aura to yourself and nearby allies when struck while below the health threshold.
- Restorative Mantras — Heal allies around you when you finish preparing a mantra.
- Restorative Illusions — Heal yourself and lose conditions when you use a shatter skill.
- Life from Death — Heal and partially revive allies in an area when you exit shroud.
- Transfusion — Shroud skill 4 heals and partially revives nearby allies. Up to five downed allies near you teleport to your location while you're channeling shroud skill 4.
- Blighter's Boon — Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself. If you are in reaper's shroud, gain health instead.
- Steadfast Rejuvenation — Chance when struck to heal yourself.
- Replenishing Despair — Incoming conditions heal you for a small amount.
- Equilibrium — Invoking a legend triggers an outburst from the Mist that heals allies if your energy is below the threshold or damages foes if your energy is above the threshold.
- Invigorating Flow — Heal yourself when you use a skill which has an energy cost.
Traits that grant health regeneration
- Battle Presence — Nearby allies gain Virtue of Resolve's passive effect.
- Adrenal Health — Regenerate health based on adrenaline level.
- Backpack Regenerator — Regenerate health every second when using a kit.
- Rapid Regeneration — Rapidly regenerate health while affected by swiftness or superspeed.
- Natural Healing — Your pet gains natural health regeneration and improved healing.
- Shadow's Rejuvenation — Regenerate health and initiative while in stealth.
- Soothing Mist — You and nearby allies regenerate health while you are attuned to water.
Traits that improve healing
- Force of Will — You have increased vitality. Healing effectiveness to other allies is increased based on a percentage of your vitality.
- Aquatic Benevolence — Healing done to allies is increased.
- Health Insurance — Outgoing healing to allies is increased while using a med kit.
- Natural Mender - Increase outgoing healing whenever you heal another ally.
- Serene Rejuvenation — Increase healing to allies.
- Tranquil Balance — While above the health threshold, healing to allies is increased.
- Invoking Harmony — Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after invoking a legend.
- Selfless Amplification — Increase outgoing healing based on a percentage of healing power.
- Shrouding Mists — While your energy is above the threshold, your outgoing healing is increased. While your energy is below the threshold, incoming damage to you is reduced.
Effects that heal
- Regeneration — Gain health every second; stacks duration.
- Rejuvenation — You regenerate health.
- Healing Signet — You regenerate health.
- Signet of the Wild — Regenerate health.
- Soothing Mist — Regenerate health.
- Signet of the Ether — You are healed every few seconds, based on the number of illusions you control.
Effects that improve healing
- Guild Fortified Healing Increase — Healing skills are more[sic]10% more effective.
- Power of the Mists: Medic — Healing effectiveness increase
Effects that reduce healing
- Poison — Deals damage every second; heal potency decreased by 33%; stacks intensity.
- Agony — Deals damage every three seconds; stacks intensity.
- Mistlock Instability: Social Awkwardness — Nearby allies receive agony.
Upgrade components that heal
- Rune of the Dolyak - rank 6, 30 per second
- Rune of the Flock - rank 6, heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Rune of the Monk - rank 4, chance to heal when hit
- Rune of the Water - rank 6, heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Sigil of Water - chance to heal nearby allies with hits
- Sigil of Restoration - gain health on Killing a foe
- Sigil of Renewal - heal nearby allies on weapon swap
Upgrade components that improve healing
- Rune of the Monk - rank 6, increases healing to allies
- Sigil of Benevolence - increases healing to allies
Consumables that grant health regeneration
After consuming, you gain additional health every second. You will also gain +10% Experience from kills (except where noted). The additional Health gain is unaffected by Healing Power, but may be affected by the Medic-Healing-Bonus.
|Experimental Skritt Wafer||0||10m||21|
|Stick of Cotton Candy||0||10m||21|
|Bowl of Gelatinous Ooze Custard||5||60m||21|
|Bowl of Candy Corn Custard||10||45m||21||+15% Experience from kills|
|Kastaz Roasted Poultry||17||60m||21|
|Seraph Spicy Ration||23||10m||29|
|Banana Cream Pie||25||30m||29|
|Shiverpeak Popper||33||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Grape Pie||40||30m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Dredge Worker Ration||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Pirate Hard Tack||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Slice of Vigil Hard Tack||48||10m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Pumpkin Pie||55||30m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Standard Pact Ration||58||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Raspberry Pie||60||60m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Glazed Pumpkin Pie||60||45m||53|| +50 Vitality|
+15% Experience from kills
|Peach Pie||75||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Mango Pie||80||30m||85||+70 Vitality|
|Bowl of Cactus Soup||80||30m||85||+70 Toughness|
|Bowl of Black Pepper Cactus Salad||80||60m||85||+70 Toughness|
Consumables that grant health on kill
- Glass of Melon Juice - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Bowl of Blueberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Strawberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 30% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Cherry Vanilla Compote - Double-click to gain a 50% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +40 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Blackberry Pear Compote - Double-click to gain a 60% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +50 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Mined Edible Root - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Raspberry Peach Compote - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Omnomberry Compote - Double-click to gain a 100% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +70 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.