From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Greatsword (weapon).
The greatsword is a two-handed sword and can be crafted by a weaponsmith. The maximum damage range for greatswords is 1,045 - 1,155. Greatswords are typically characterized by relatively high "burst" damage via offensive skills.
Skills by profession
|1||Strike||½||Strike your foe.|
|1||Vengeful Strike||½||Strike your foe again.|
|1||Wrathful Strike||½||Attack with a final, powerful strike that applies might for each foe you strike.|
|2||Whirling Wrath||¾||10||Spin in place and swing your greatsword while hurling powerful projectiles.|
|3||Leap of Faith||½||15||Leap at your foe. On hit, blind nearby foes.|
|4||Symbol of Wrath||Symbol||¼||20||Pierce the ground with a mystic symbol that damages foes while granting retaliation to allies.|
|5||Binding Blade||¾||30||Throw blades at your foes, causing damage over time. Bound foes can be pulled to you. The effect ends when a foe moves out of range.|
|5||Pull||¾||Pull your foes to you.|
|Arcing Slice||Burst||½||8||Deliver a circular attack to foes around you, and gain fury. Deal more damage to foes with low health.|
|1||Greatsword Swing||½||Slash your foe.|
|1||Greatsword Slice||½||Slice your foe.|
|1||Brutal Strike||½||Hit your foe with a final brutal strike.|
|2||Hundred Blades||3½||8||Repeatedly strike multiple foes. The last strike does extra damage.|
|3||Whirlwind Attack||1||10||Whirl in a target's direction, slashing foes along your path.|
|4||Bladetrail||¾||15||Throw your greatsword at your foe so that it returns to you, crippling foes along the way.|
|5||Rush||2||20||Charge and strike your foe.|
|1||Slash||½||Slash your foe.|
|1||Slice||½||Slice your foe.|
|1||Power Stab||¾||Stab your foe and evade attacks.|
|2||Maul||¾||6||Attack your foe with the force of a bear.|
|3||Swoop||1¾||12||Run and leap at your foe, hitting them and nearby foes.|
|4||Counterattack||3||15||Block and counter an attack with a kick that pushes foes back.|
|4||Crippling Throw||¾||Throw your greatsword, crippling your foe.|
|5||Hilt Bash||½||25||Daze your foe with a hilt bash. Stun them if you hit from behind. Your pet's next attack does 50% more damage.|
|1||Spatial Surge||1½||Shoot a beam at your foe. The farther away they are, the more damage you deal.|
|2||Mirror Blade||Clone||¾||8||Throw an illusionary greatsword that bounces between targets, damaging foes and giving might to allies. It creates a clone at its first target.|
|3||Mind Stab||¼||12||Thrust your greatsword into the ground, damaging foes and removing 1 boon.|
|4||Phantasmal Berserker||Phantasm||¾||20||Create a phantasm that uses a whirling attack to damage and cripple foes.|
|5||Illusionary Wave||½||30||Push back all foes in front of you with a wave of magical energy.|
Necromancer (requires Reaper)
|1||Dusk Strike||¾||Cleave foes in front of you.|
|1||Fading Twilight||¾||Cleave foes in front of you again.|
|1||Chilling Scythe||1||Strike foes and chill them.|
|2||Gravedigger||1¼||8||Perform a huge swing that deals heavy damage. Recharges faster if it hits a downed or low health foe.|
|3||Death Spiral||1||12||Conjure a drill of dark energy on your blade and rend the armor of foes in front of you.|
|4||Nightfall||¼||25||Call down a growing column of shadows that damages and applies conditions on foes per pulse.|
|5||Grasping Darkness||¾||30||Toss spectral scythes at foes in front of you, applying chill to them and pulling them to you. Gain life force for each struck foe.|
- Zealous Blade — Attacks with your greatsword deal extra damage and heal you. Greatsword abilities have reduced recharge.
- Forceful Greatsword — Gain might on a critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and recharge faster.
- Two-Handed Training — Greatsword and spear damage is increased, and those skills recharge faster. Greatsword and spear attacks have a chance to grant fury on hit.
- Imagined Burden — Whenever you or a clone uses Spatial Surge, you gain might. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple. Reduces recharge time of greatsword skills.
- Shroud Knight — You can equip greatswords and use reaper shouts. Death shroud is replaced with reaper's shroud, which has more melee oriented skills.
- Soul Eater — Greatsword attacks steal health. When gravedigger hits a foe, all other greatsword skills recharge by a small amount.Shroud Knight