From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Greatsword (weapon).
The greatsword is a two-handed sword and can be crafted by a weaponsmith. The maximum damage range for greatswords is 995–1,100.
 Skills by profession
The following page was generated on May 24, 08:28 UTC. You may want to request the most recent version.
|1||Strike||½||Strike your foe.|
|Vengeful Strike||½||Strike your foe again.|
|Wrathful Strike||½||Attack with a final, powerful strike that applies might for each foe you strike.|
|2||Whirling Wrath||¾||10||Spin in place and swing your greatsword while hurling powerful projectiles.|
|3||Leap of Faith||½||15||Leap at your foe. On hit, blind nearby foes.|
|4||Symbol of Wrath||Symbol||¼||20||Pierce the ground with a mystic symbol that damages foes while granting retaliation to allies.|
|5||Binding Blade||¾||30||Throw blades at your foes, causing damage over time. Bound foes can be pulled to you. The effect ends when a foe moves out of range.|
|Pull||¾||Pull your foes to you.|
|Arcing Slice||Burst||¾||10||Strike your foe with an uppercut and gain fury.|
|1||Greatsword Swing||½||Slash your foe.|
|Greatsword Slice||½||Slice your foe.|
|Brutal Strike||½||Hit your foe with a final brutal strike.|
|2||Hundred Blades||3½||8||Repeatedly strike multiple foes. The last strike does extra damage.|
|3||Whirlwind Attack||¼||10||Whirl in a target's direction, slashing foes along your path.|
|4||Bladetrail||¾||15||Throw your greatsword at your foe so that it returns to you, crippling foes along the way.|
|5||Rush||2||20||Charge and strike your foe.|
|1||Slash||½||Slash your foe.|
|Slice||½||Slice your foe.|
|Power Stab||¾||Stab your foe and evade attacks.|
|2||Maul||¾||6||Bleed your foe multiple times with a mauling strike.|
|3||Swoop||1¾||12||Run and leap at your foe, hitting them and nearby foes.|
|4||Counterattack||3||15||Block and counter an attack with a kick that pushes foes back.|
|Crippling Throw||¾||Throw your greatsword, crippling your foe.|
|5||Hilt Bash||½||25||Daze your foe with a hilt bash. Stun them if you hit from behind. Your pet's next attack does 50% more damage.|
|1||Spatial Surge||1½||Shoot a beam at your foe. The farther away they are, the more damage you deal.|
|2||Mirror Blade||Clone||¾||8||Throw an illusionary greatsword that bounces between targets, damaging foes and giving might to allies. It creates a clone at its first target.|
|3||Mind Stab||¼||12||Thrust your greatsword into the ground, damaging foes and removing 1 boon.|
|4||Phantasmal Berserker||Phantasm||¾||20||Create a phantasm that uses a whirling attack to damage and cripple foes.|
|5||Illusionary Wave||½||30||Push back all foes in front of you with a wave of magical energy.|
 Traits by profession
- Greatsword Power - Greatsword damage is increased by 5%.
- Two-Handed Mastery - Two-handed weapon skills recharge 20% faster.
- Zealous Blade - Greatsword attacks heal you.
- Forceful Greatsword - Gain might on critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skill [sic] recharge 20% faster.
- Slashing Power - Greatsword and spear damage is increased by 10%.
- Martial Mastery - Sword, greatsword, and spear skills recharge 20% faster.
- Two-Handed Training - Greatsword and spear damage is increased by 5%.
- Greatsword Training - +50 power while wielding a greatsword. Reduces recharge of greatsword skills by 20%.