Practitioners of the dark arts, necromancers summon the dead, wield the power of lost souls, and literally suck the life force from the enemy. Necromancers feed on life force, which they can use to bring allies back from the brink or cheat death itself.
Necromancers are masters of the dark arts. They summon the dead to fight for them, channel blood energy and rend their enemies' souls. Necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and others. As a scholar profession, necromancers wear light armor.
Necromancers gather Life Force from nearby deaths that allows them to transform into Death Shroud which gives them access to different set of skills and enables them to use life force instead of their health.
- Death Shroud - Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. Entering this form removes other spectral effects.
Necromancers have more health than other scholars; they not only are able to extend that health through the use of the Death Shroud, but also possess a wide variety of life stealing abilities, meaning the necromancer can potentially be a very sturdy profession. The necromancer is also great at inflicting debilitating or damaging conditions on enemies as well as removing conditions from allies and boons from enemies.
Necromancers also prominently make use of fear — a removable condition that forces the enemy to flee directly away from the caster for a short period of time.
- Primary article: List of necromancer skills
Special skill types
- Marks — Marks are ground-targeted spells that produce a variety of effects for allies and/or foes. A mark is placed at a location and will trigger after a foe steps on it.
- Minions — The necromancer can summon undead minions to do their bidding and attack foes. Every minion-summoning spell has an associated sequence skill that appears after the minion has been summoned. These additional skills range from consuming the minion to gain health to making them charge at foes to knock them over.
- Spectral — Spectral skills are exclusive to necromancers, involving the use of otherworldly spectral energy. All Spectral skills grant Life Force.
- Corruption — Corruption skills are double-edged swords, applying conditions to both the necromancer and the target(s) when cast.
The necromancer has five core specializations, and one elite specialization:
- Spite - focuses on improving damage and signets.
- Curses - focuses on benefits for and from critical hits and conditions.
- Death Magic - focuses on minions, and favors defense.
- Blood Magic - focuses on support, stealing life and healing as well as use of wells and daggers.
- Soul Reaping - focuses on Death Shroud and life force.
- Reaper — Gains access to greatswords, a set of shout skills, and replaces Death Shroud with Reaper's Shroud.
The necromancer is a scholar profession and wears light armor.
There are ten possible weapon sets for this profession and two weapon sets while underwater. The necromancer can equip and alternate between two weapon sets during combat.
The following crafting disciplines can create items that are useful to the necromancer:
- Weaponsmith — Axes, daggers, greatsword, spears.
- Huntsman — Warhorns.
- Artificer — Focus, scepters, staves, tridents.
- Tailor — Light armor.
- Jeweler — Jewelry.
- Chef — Food.
|A necromancer's closest companion is death. In acknowledgement of this, I mark my face with the symbol of a _____.|
|Trickster Demon ("trickster demon") — Trickster demons from the Mists find ways to enter our world to tear it apart. I, too, am a destructive force, and all shall fear me.|
|Skull ("skull") — I respect the traditions of necromancers that have gone before me. I mark my face with the symbol of a skull to remind me that even the greatest die eventually.|
|Ghostly Wraith ("ghostly wraith") — A wraith is a creature of energy, and its cunning helps it elude its enemies. What you cannot see...can kill you.|
- The necromancer was previewed under this image until its unveiling on the 25th August 2010.
- The necromancer was first revealed at the Gamescom 2010 demo, and was unveiled on the official website on Wednesday, August 25.
- The unique mechanic of the necromancer was originally based around collecting souls from enemies and using them to summon minions.
- Necromancer on the official website.