Player attempting to revive his teammate and its visuals: cursor, marker and F-key option to do so.
Revival is the process of bringing a player or NPC back from a downed or defeated state. Any character can revive another by using the context-sensitive action (default key F) while next to the applicable target. Some NPCs will revive other NPCs and (occasionally) players. The more characters that assist, the faster the revival process completes. In contrast, characters affected by downed penalty take longer to revive.
- For downed targets, revival consists of healing them until their health reaches 25% of their maximum.
- Even if players cannot fully revive a downed character, the increased health from the revival process helps them to rally more easily.
- Defeated characters remain at zero health until the process completes, at which point they are restored to 25% of their maximum health.
- After revival, targets become invulnerable for one second.
- Healing Power has no effect on reviving downed or defeated targets. Fast Healer will work on both downed and defeated players.
- Characters and NPCs requiring revival can be identified as follows:
- Downed players have a blue ankh floating above their head, which is also displayed on the compass and map.
- Defeated players are represented by the skull-and-crossbones icon, displayed on the compass and map also.
Skills that revive allies can only revive them from Downed state, not Defeated state.
 Skills that revive allies
- Utility skills
- Elite skills
- Tool belt skills
 Traits that affect revival
 Items that affect revival
- With 2/6; You take less damage while reviving
- With 4/6; You resurrect allies with 20% more health
- With 6/6; You revive 10% faster
- You gain a small amount of experience by reviving allies. Certain achievements are tied to reviving allies.
- Reviving an ally pushes you to the top of the aggro table; canceling it returns you to the previous threat level. You can use this to affect how foes respond to you.
- Quickness speeds up revival.
- When a character is successfully revived, they will occasionally shout one of the following lines depending on race and gender:
|| "I'm up... I'm up."
 See also