Skills that stun break will cancel control effects such as stun. These are often indicated by a "Breaks stun" skill fact on the tooltip. Certain traits will also break stun by granting stability upon being hit by a control effect. Stun breaks work on control effects which last for a duration. Fear is considered a control effect as well as a condition and can be broken.
Utility skills that break stun
- "Save Yourselves!"
- "Stand Your Ground!"
- Contemplation of Purity
- Judge's Intervention
- Signet of Judgment
- Command (with Shield of the Avenger)
- "Shake It Off!"
- Balanced Stance
- Dolyak Signet
- Endure Pain
- Elixir S
- Elixir U
- Utility Goggles
- Lightning Reflexes
- "Protect Me!"
- Quickening Zephyr
- Signet of Renewal
- Glyph of Equality
- Infiltrator's Signet
- Roll for Initiative
- Shadow Return (with Shadowstep)
- Arcane Shield
- Armor of Earth
- Mist Form
- Glyph of Elemental Power
- Signet of Air
- "Eye of the Storm!"
- Mirror Images
- Power Break (with Mantra of Concentration)
- Signet of Midnight
- Swap (with Illusionary Leap)
- Necrotic Traversal (with Summon Flesh Wurm)
- Plague Signet
- Spectral Armor
- Spectral Walk
- Well of Power
- Riposting Shadows
- Rite of the Great Dwarf
- Gaze of Darkness
Skills with special conditions that break stun
- Healing Mist (tool belt skill from Elixir Gun)
- Rumble (tool belt skill from Thumper Turret)
- Super Speed (tool belt skill from Slick Shoes)
Traits that break stun
- Indomitable Courage – Activating virtue of courage breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Virtue of courage's passive effect triggers more frequently.
- Defy Pain – Activate Endure Pain when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Last Stand – Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned. Increase stance durations and gain vigor when using a stance.
- Shrug It Off – Use "Shake It Off!" automatically when you have a number of conditions on you.
- Savage Instinct - Activating berserk mode breaks stuns and removes conditions.
- Self-Regulating Defenses – Drink an Elixir S when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Shared Anguish – Incoming disables are transferred to your pet instead.
Disables include: Stun, Taunt, Daze, Knockback, Pull, Knockdown, Sink, Float, Fear, or Launch.
- Druidic Clarity - Becoming celestial avatar removes conditions from you.
- Hard to Catch – Break stun and refill endurance when you are stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sinkfloated, launched, or inflicted with fear.
- Earth's Embrace – Gain Armor of Earth whenever your health drops below the threshold.
- Final Shielding – Create an Arcane Shield when your health drops below the threshold.
- Last Gasp – Gain Spectral Armor when your health falls below the threshold.
- Foot in the Grave – Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud.
- Empty Vessel - Invoking a legend breaks stuns.
Traits that benefit from breaking stun
- Incensed Response - Gain fury when you break out of a stun.
- Swift Gale - Gain superspeed when you successfully break a stun.
- Harmonize Continuity - When you successfully stun break you also stun break nearby allies.
- Rousing Resilience - Gain toughness and health when you break out of a stun.
- Eternal Champion - Gain stability while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when you break out of stun.