- This article is about the guardian's special abilities. For the guardian general specialization, see Virtues.
Virtues are the profession mechanic for the guardian profession. They occupy the - slots of the mechanic bar. These abilities apply continuous passive benefits to the guardian as that character adventures, or they can be activated as something similar to shouts, granting an immediate benefit to all nearby allies. Activating one of these virtues will disable its passive effect until that ability recharges once again. Each virtue has its own recharge so may be used independently of the others. Functionality for these skills unlock as players level. Virtue of Courage unlocks at level 17.
List of virtues
|Virtue of Justice||25|| Burn foes every few attacks. |
Activate: You and your allies inflict burning on the next attack.
|Virtue of Resolve||50|| Regenerates health.|
Activate: Heal yourself and nearby allies.
|Virtue of Courage||75|| Grants aegis every few seconds.|
Activate: Grant aegis to yourself and nearby allies.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues now also apply the following boons to allies when activated:
- Virtue of Retribution — Gain retaliation when you activate a virtue. Retaliation you apply lasts longer.
- Power of the Virtuous — Deal extra damage for each boon you have. Virtues recharge faster.
- The guardian's virtue mechanic went through a long iteration process. At one point, it was a shield around the guardian that absorbed damage; at another, it was a mechanic similar to the thief's initiative and called resolve, and although scrapped it became the basis of the thief's said mechanic. Months later, a concept of sacrificing a passive effect for a greater power was introduced and became the virtue system.