From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Aegis is a boon which will block the single next incoming attack of any kind. The boon will be removed after an attack is blocked or if its duration expires.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant aegis
Utility skills that grant aegis
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing burning)
- Command (with Shield of the Avenger)
- Fragments of Faith (when picking up fragments)
- Elixir C (when removing burning)
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Well of Power (when removing burning)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
Skills with special conditions that grant aegis
- Virtue of Courage (virtue)
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C, when removing burning)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal Skill)
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant aegis
- Valorous Defense — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Communal Defenses — Grant aegis to allies when you block an attack.
- Protective Reviver — Activate a shield of absorption when you begin reviving an ally. Upon successful revival, you and ally protection and regeneration.
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation and aegis when stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sunk, floated, launched, taunted or inflicted with fear.
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
Traits that benefit from aegis
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis gives retaliation when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it damages nearby foes.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Unscathed Contender — Deal more damage while under the effects of aegis.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant aegis
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this boon.