From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Aegis is a boon which will block the single next incoming attack of any kind. The boon will be removed after an attack is blocked or if its duration expires.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant aegis
Utility skills that grant aegis
- Command (with Shield of the Avenger)
- Fragments of Faith (when picking up fragments)
- Well of Precognition
Healing Skills that grant aegis
Profession skills that grant aegis
Skills with special conditions that grant aegis
- Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge (from Tome of Courage)
- Epilogue: Unbroken Lines (from Tome of Courage)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- Force Ball (Using a Shield Generator)
- Skills that randomly grant Aegis
- Chaos Storm (randomly between swiftness, retaliation and aegis)
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
- Skills that convert Burning into Aegis
Bundle and activity skills that grant Aegis
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant aegis
- Valorous Defense — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Communal Defenses — Grant aegis to allies when you block an attack.
- Protective Reviver — Cast Lesser Shield of Absorption when you begin reviving an ally. If you revive an ally, you each gain boons.
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation and aegis when stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sunk, floated, launched, taunted or inflicted with fear.
- Hunter's Determination — Gain aegis and cast Shards of Faith when disabled.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Fortifying Bond — Any boon you get is shared with your pet.
- Traits that randomly grant Aegis
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Descent into Madness — Cast Lesser Chaos Storm when you take falling damage or use a heal skill. Take less damage from falling.
- Traits that convert Burning into Aegis
- Pure of Voice — Allies affected by shouts have conditions converted to boons. Shout abilities have their recharge reduced.
- Transmute — Incoming conditions have a chance to convert into boons.
- Inversion Enzyme — Elixir gun abilities that remove conditions now convert them into boons instead.
Traits that benefit from aegis
- See also: Block#Traits that improve blocking
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis gives retaliation when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Unscathed Contender — Deal more damage while under the effects of aegis.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant aegis
- Superior Rune of the Defender — (Rank 4) For up to 5 seconds when using a heal skill.
- Superior Rune of Resistance — (Rank 6) For up to 8 seconds when using a signet.
- Superior Sigil of Luck — Randomly when killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve aegis
- See also: Block#Related equipment
- Burning can be converted into 5 seconds of Aegis.
- Burning for 3 seconds. Aegis can be corrupted into 1 stack of
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this boon.