From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Swiftness is a boon that provides an increase to movement speed. Other effects that provide a bonus to movement speed (e.g. certain traits and signets) do not stack with swiftness; only the highest increase in movement speed will be applied.“
Movement speed increased by 33%; stacks duration.
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant swiftness
- Symbol of Swiftness
- Call of the Wild
- Hunter's Shot (on pet)
- Quick Shot
- Windborne Speed
- Chaos Storm (randomly between swiftness, retaliation, and aegis)
- Temporal Curtain
- Locust Swarm
Underwater weapon skills that grant swiftness
Healing skills that grant swiftness
- Elixir H (randomly between protection, regeneration and swiftness)
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony (when attuned to air)
Utility skills that grant swiftness
- "Save Yourselves!"
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing crippled or immobilized)
- Balanced Stance
- Facet of Elements (permanent auto refresh)
- Elixir B
- Elixir C (when removing crippled or immobilized)
- Signet of Inspiration
- Spectral Walk
- Well of Power (when removing crippled or immobilized)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
Elite skills that grant swiftness
Skills with special conditions that grant swiftness
- Inspire (holding a banner)
- One with Nature (active of Facet of Nature)
- Blessing of Lyssa (tool belt skill with Prayer to Lyssa, randomly)
- Throw Accelerant (with Med Kit)
- Eat Owl Egg (tool belt skill with Call Owl)
- Glob Shot (with Elixir Gun)
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B, randomly between Fury, Might, Retaliation and Swiftness)
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C, when removing crippled or immobilized)
- Quickening Screech (Bird pet skill)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant swiftness
- Fatal Frenzy — Gain boons when activating berserk mode.
- Tranquil Benediction — The healing orbs that you create while wielding a staff will now grant swiftness and regeneration when picked up by allies.
- Heavy Armor Exploit — Your critical hits have a chance to give you swiftness and apply vulnerability to your foe.
- Experimental Turrets — Turrets apply boons to allies around them.
- Streamlined Kits — Equipping a kit creates an attack or spell and grants you swiftness.
- Tail Wind — Gain swiftness when swapping weapons in combat.
- Resounding Timbre — Shouts apply regeneration and swiftness to allies. Reduces recharge on shouts.
- Expeditious Dodger — Gain swiftness upon dodging.
- Thrill of the Crime — When you Steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might, and swiftness for 10 seconds.
- Unhindered Combatant — Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash that removes inhibiting conditions and grants swiftness when you dodge. Damage against you is reduced for a time after you dodge.
- Zephyr's Boon — Auras grant fury and swiftness when applied.
- Inscription — Grants a boon associated with your current attunement when you cast a glyph. Reduces glyph recharge.
- Elemental Attunement — When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain a boon.
- Speedy Conduit — Gain swiftness when overloading an attunement.
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
Traits that improve swiftness
- Invigorating Speed — When you gain swiftness, you also gain vigor.
- Rapid Regeneration — Rapidly regenerate health while affected by swiftness or superspeed.
Effects that grant swiftness
- Chaos Armor (randomly)
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant swiftness
- Superior Rune of Evasion (rank 2) When executing a dodge roll (3 seconds)
- Superior Rune of Radiance (rank 2) When receiving an aura (5 seconds)
- Superior Rune of Speed (rank 4) 25% chance when struck (15 seconds)
- Major Rune of Speed (rank 4) 15% chance when struck (15 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Pack (rank 4) 25% chance when struck (10 seconds)
- Major Rune of the Pack (rank 4) 15% chance when struck (10 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Air (rank 4) When using a heal skill (5 seconds)
- Major Rune of the Air (rank 4) When using a heal skill (3 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Centaur (rank 6) When using a heal skill (10 seconds)
- Superior Sigil of Speed When killing a foe (20 seconds)
- Superior Sigil of Agility When switching to the weapon in combat (5 seconds)
Upgrade components that affect swiftness
- Superior Rune of the Air +30% swiftness duration
- Superior Rune of the Centaur +30% swiftness duration
- Superior Rune of the Pack +30% swiftness duration
- Superior Rune of Speed +30% swiftness duration
Consumables that grant swiftness
- Aquatic Elixir - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Simple Salad - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Ascalonian Salad - (28% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Coleslaw - (36% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Cabbage and Chickpea Salad - (40% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Asparagus and Sage Salad - (50% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Seaweed Salad - (60% chance on kill)
When swiftness is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Human||Eat my dust!||I could outrun a centaur!|
|Sylvari||Swift and steady.||I'm fast as the wind!|
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: