From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Stability is a boon that protects against control effects, including those that would otherwise interrupt, prevent movement and dodging, and disable use of most skills. Unlike a stun breaker, it does not remove effects that are already in place, although many skills granting stability will also remove stuns. Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times and each incoming control effect removes a stack.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Utility skills that grant stability
- "Stand Your Ground!"
- Hallowed Ground
- Fragments of Faith
- Balanced Stance
- Dolyak Signet
- Shattering Blow
- Elixir C (when removing fear)
- Signet of the Wild
- Armor of Earth
- Power Break (with Mantra of Concentration)
- Well of Precognition
- Well of Power (when activated or when removing fear)
- Inspiring Reinforcement
Elite skills that grant stability
- "Strength of the Pack!"
- Elixir X
- Dagger Storm
- Lich Form
- "Chilled to the Bone!"
- Avatar of Melandru
Skills with special conditions that grant stability
- Whirlwind Banner (with Battle Standard)
- Rumble (tool belt skill for Thumper Turret when not deployed)
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B)
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C, when removing fear)
- Overload Earth
- Infusing Terror (with Reaper's Shroud)
- Bomb Shell (with Turtle Banner)
- Spirit Centaur (with Centaur Banner)
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant stability
- Indomitable Courage — Activating virtue of courage breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Virtue of courage's passive effect triggers more frequently.
- Heavy Light — Deflecting Shot knocks back enemies on each hit. Gain stability when knocking back, blowing out, or pulling an enemy.
- Last Stand — Activates balanced stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned. Increase stance durations and gain vigor when using a stance.
- Eternal Champion — Gain stability while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when you break out of stun.
- Juggernaut — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower.
- Perfectly Weighted — Hammer skills deal increased damage. Evading an attack grants stability.
- Final Salvo — Activating a gyro grants stability to you and the gyro. Gyros grant superspeed and create a lightning field when destroyed.
- Earth's Embrace — Gain Armor of Earth whenever your health drops below the threshold.
- Rock Solid — Grant stability to nearby allies when attuning to earth.
- Harmonious Conduit — Gain stability when beginning an overload. Upon successfully completing an overload, gain increased damage for a period of time.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — When you use a shatter, you will gain stability. You and nearby allies gain boons based on which shatter was used.
- Foot in the Grave — Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud.
- Unwavering Avoidance — Gain stability after you dodge.
Traits that improve stability
- Enhanced Bulwark — When stability is applied to you, gain an extra stack.
- Mass Momentum — Gain power based upon your toughness. Gain might while you have stability.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant stability
- Superior Rune of Sanctuary (rank 6) When struck below 20% health.
- Only one stack of Stability can be removed every .75 seconds.
- The final stack removed does not provide a .75 second window of immunity to control skills and the target will still be affected by all incoming control attacks.
- Stability does not prevent the activation of traits that trigger when disabled, such as Autodefense Bomb Dispenser, even though the character is not disabled. This may not be true for all traits of this kind[verification requested].
- Prior to the October 22 2012 update, stability had effect monitor icon of retaliation, while retaliation had its own icon.
- Stability has changed from duration to intensity stacking with March 16 2015 update, while many skills have been updated to reflect this change.