From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Stability is a boon that protects against control effects, including those that would otherwise interrupt, prevent movement and dodging, and disable use of most skills. Unlike a stun breaker, it does not remove effects that are already in place, although many skills granting stability will also remove stuns. Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times and each incoming control effect removes a stack.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Utility skills that grant stability
- "Stand Your Ground!"
- Hallowed Ground
- Balanced Stance
- Dolyak Signet
- Signet of the Wild
- Armor of Earth
- Power Break (with Mantra of Concentration)
- Well of Power (when activated or when removing fear)
Elite skills that grant stability
Skills with special conditions that grant stability
- Whirlwind Banner (with Battle Standard)
- Rumble (tool belt skill for Thumper Turret when not deployed)
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B)
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant stability
- Indomitable Courage — Activating virtue of courage breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Virtue of courage's passive effect triggers more frequently.
- Last Stand — Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned. Increase stance durations and gain vigor when using a stance.
- Juggernaut — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower.
- Earth's Embrace — Gain Armor of Earth whenever your health drops below the threshold.
- Rock Solid — Grant stability to nearby allies when attuning to earth.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — When you use a shatter, you will gain stability. You and nearby allies gain boons based on which shatter was used.
- Foot in the Grave — Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud.
- Prior to the October 22 2012 update, Stability had effect monitor icon of Retaliation, while Retaliation had its own icon.
- Stability has changed from duration to intensity stacking with March 16 2015 update, while many skills have been updated to reflect this change.