Life force is the necromancer's resource that fuels Death Shroud. Life force is gained when players or NPCs die nearby (approximately within a range of 1,200 units) and through certain skills. Death Shroud depletes life force and ends when it reaches zero.
The base size of your life force pool is 69% of your maximum health, meaning it is indirectly affected by your Vitality attribute, and can be further increased by the Strength of Undeath minor trait of the Soul Reaping specialization, to 78% of maximum health.
The life force bar, located above the weapon skills, displays life force level relative to its full value. Character death will drain some life force, as well as changing maps, or logging out and back in.
Weapon skills that grant life force
- Feast of Corruption
- Ghastly Claws
- Locust Swarm
- Necrotic Bite
- Necrotic Grasp
- Necrotic Stab
- Reaper's Touch
Underwater weapon skills that grant life force
Utility skills that grant life force
- Haunt (after Summon Shadow Fiend)
- Necrotic Traversal (after Summon Flesh Wurm)
- Signet of Undeath
- Spectral Armor
- Spectral Grasp
- Spectral Walk
Skills with special conditions that grant life force
- Life Transfer (while in Death Shroud)
- Reaper's Precision - You have a chance to gain life force on critical hits.
- Spectral Attunement - Spectral skills have longer durations and grant life force on use.
- Soul Comprehension - Your passive life-force generation from nearby deaths is increased.
- Unholy Martyr - Draw conditions from allies when you enter shroud and every few seconds while you remain in shroud. Gain life force each time a condition is removed.
- Gluttony - Increases life force gain from skills.
- Strength of Undeath - You do more damage while above the life-force threshold. Maximum life force increased
- Soul Marks - Marks generate life force when triggered. Marks are unblockable.
- Vital Persistence - Life force drains slower while in shroud. Shroud skills recharge faster.