Life force is the necromancer's resource that fuels Death Shroud. Life force is gained when foes die nearby (approximately within a range of 1,200 units) and through certain skills.. Death Shroud depletes life force and ends when it reaches zero. The base size of your life force pool is 60% of your maximum health, meaning it is indirectly affected by your Vitality attribute, and can be further increased by the Life Force Pool attribute linked to the Soul Reaping trait line, up to a maximum of 78% of maximum health (0.6 * (1 + 0.01 * points in Soul Reaping)). The life force bar, located above the weapon skills, displays life force level relative to its full value.
 Weapon skills that grant life force
- Feast of Corruption
- Ghastly Claws
- Locust Swarm
- Necrotic Bite
- Necrotic Grasp
- Necrotic Stab
- Reaper's Touch
 Underwater weapon skills that grant life force
 Utility skills that grant life force
- Haunt (after Summon Shadow Fiend)
- Necrotic Traversal (after Summon Flesh Wurm)
- Signet of Undeath
- Spectral Armor
- Spectral Grasp
- Spectral Walk
 Skills with special conditions that grant life force
- Life Transfer (while in Death Shroud)
- Reaper's Precision - You have a chance to gain life force on critical hits.
- Spectral Attunement - Spectral skills have longer durations and grant life force on use.
- Each point in Soul Reaping increases the maximum life force by 1%.
- Gluttony - Increases life force gain from skills.
- Soul Marks - Marks generate life force when triggered.
- Strength of Undeath - You do more damage while above the life-force threshold.
- Vital Persistence - Life force drains slower while in death shroud.