Unable to act; stacks duration.
— In-game description
Stun is a control effect that disables all skills and interrupts any current action. Stunned characters cannot move or activate skills, except those without an activation time, e.g. shouts and some signets. Stun breakers will restore one's freedom to act. Despite its in-game description, there is no evidence that the duration of stun stacks.
The Stun effect is shown as swirling white lines and dots around the head.
 Stun break
- Primary article: Stun break
Skills that break stun cancel most control effects, including stun.
 Skills that stun
 Weapon skills that stun
- Shield Bash
- Static Shield
- Concussion Shot (If Flanking)
- Hilt Bash (If Flanking)
- Pistol Whip
- Shocking Aura
- Static Field
- Magic Bullet
 Elite skills that stun
 Underwater weapon skills that stun
 Utility skills that stun
 Profession mechanics that stun
 Skills with special conditions that stun
 Environmental weapon skills that stun
 Traits that benefit from stuns on enemies
- Unsuspecting Foe (50% crit chance versus stunned enemies)
- Tempest Defense (+20% damage to stunned foes)
- Wastrel's Punishment (+5% increased damage to inactive foes)
 Traits that cause stun
 Traits that reduce the effects of stun
- Shrug It Off (breaks stun when you have more than one condition)
- Earth's Embrace (breaks stun upon reaching 50% health)
 Traits that increase the effects of stun
- Moment of Clarity - Gain an attack of opportunity for you and your pet on interrupting a foe. Daze and stun durations you inflict last longer.
 Traits that reduce incoming damage while stunned
- Stabilized Armor (-20% damage while stunned)
 Upgrade components that affect stun on foes
- Sigil of Paralyzation (increases duration)
- Sigil of Impact (+10% damage to stunned or knocked-down foes)
 Upgrade components that reduce duration of stun on self
- Major Rune of Melandru; -7% stun duration.
- Superior Rune of Melandru (rank 4); -10% stun duration.
- Superior Rune of Melandru (rank 6); -15% (= -25%) stun duration.
 Upgrade components that stun self
 Related consumables
 Consumables that decrease stun duration
- Cup of Potato Fries
- Mashed Potato
- Turnip Casserole
- Bowl of Mashed Yams
- Bowl of Spiced Mashed Yams
- Roasted Rutabaga
- Roasted Parsnip
- Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root
 Consumables that reduce damage received while stunned
- Cheese Triangle
- Slice of Cinnamon Toast
- Slice of Garlic Bread
- Loaf of Rosemary Bread
- Slice of Spiced Bread
- Loaf of Tarragon Bread
- Loaf of Saffron Bread