- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Sword (weapon).
The sword is a one-handed weapon that may also be used in the off-hand. They can be crafted by a weaponsmith. Swords balance positioning and avoiding attacks with inflicting damage, making them versatile for any profession to use. The maximum damage range for swords are 950 - 1,050.
Skills by profession
|1||Sword of Wrath||Slash your foe once.|
|1||Sword Arc||½||Slash your foe again.|
|1||Sword Wave||½||Send out a cone attack, striking up to three foes.|
|2||Flashing Blade||10||Teleport to your target, striking them and blinding nearby foes.|
|3||Zealot's Defense||½||15||Destroy ranged attacks while casting magical projectiles.|
|1||Preparation Thrust||½||Stab your foe with your sword, inflicting vulnerability.|
|1||Brutal Blade||¾||Slice foes, damaging them and inflicting vulnerability.|
|1||Rift Slash||½||Slash foes, creating a rift on them that explodes for additional damage after a short delay.|
|2||Precision Strike||½||4||Strike nearby foes with precision, sending out blades which damage and chill them.|
|3||Unrelenting Assault||¾||12||Shadowstep and unleash a fierce attack on nearby foes. Gain might each time you damage a foe.|
|4||Duelist's Preparation||2¼||15||Assume a defensive stance, blocking incoming attacks.|
|4||Shackling Wave||½||15||Slice through the air sending a wave of energy from the mists towards your foe.|
|5||Grasping Shadow||½||15||Stab your foe, connecting them to you. Shadowstep backward and pull them towards you.|
|Flurry||Burst||½||8||Immobilize your foes with a flurry of bleeding strikes. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|1||Sever Artery||½||Bleed your foe with a slash.|
|1||Gash||½||Bleed your foe with a gash.|
|1||Hamstring||¼||Cripple your foe with a precise slash.|
|2||Savage Leap||¾||8||Lunge at your foe and strike them with your sword.|
|3||Final Thrust||¾||12||Strike your foe with a final powerful thrust that does extra damage against injured foes.|
|4||Impale||½||15||Throw your sword at your foe to impale them.|
|4||Rip||¾||1||Rip your sword from your foe for extra damage.|
|5||Riposte||2¼||15||Block the next incoming attack. Riposte and bleed your foe if you block a melee attack. Gain adrenaline if you are not attacked.|
|5||Adrenaline Rush||Stop blocking and gain adrenaline.|
|1||Slash||½||Slash your foe.|
|1||Kick||¼||Kick your foe, crippling them for a short time.|
|1||Pounce||¾||Leap at your foe, striking them. Your pet gains might.|
|2||Hornet Sting||½||8||Stab your foe, then evade backward.|
|2||Monarch's Leap||¾||Leap back into the fight, crippling your foe.|
|3||Serpent's Strike||1||15||Do an evasive roll around your target, striking them and poisoning them.|
|1||Slice||Slice your foe.|
|1||Slash||½||Slash your foe again.|
|1||Crippling Strike||½||Cripple your foe with a final strike.|
|1||Tactical Strike||Stealth Attack||Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt. Daze them instead if you attack from behind.|
|2||Infiltrator's Strike||3|| Shadowstep to a foe and strike them. Use Shadow Return|
[sic]to shadowstep back and cure one condition.
|2||Infiltrator's Return||¼||2||Return to your original location. Cure one condition.|
|with no offhand|
|3||Stab||Dual wield||½||4||Stab your foe.|
|with offhand Dagger|
|3||Flanking Strike||Dual wield||½||4||Evade and stab your foe.|
|3||Larcenous Strike||Dual wield||½||1||Stab your foe and steal one boon from them.|
|with offhand Pistol|
|3||Pistol Whip||Dual wield||¾||5||Pistol-whip your foe, stunning them, then slash repeatedly with your sword.|
|1||Mind Slash||Chain||Slash your foe to make them vulnerable.|
|1||Mind Gash||Chain||½||Gash your foe to make them vulnerable.|
|1||Mind Spike||Chain||½||Stab your foe and rip a boon off of them. Does additional damage when the target has no boons.|
|2||Blurred Frenzy||½||12||Strike your foe with a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around you, making you evade attacks.|
|3||Illusionary Leap||Clone||½||12||Summon an illusion that leaps at your target, crippling them. After the initial leap, the clone will execute the Mind Slash sword chain.|
|3||Swap||Swap locations with your clone. Immobilize nearby foes.|
|4||Illusionary Riposte||Clone||2¼||15||Block your foe and create an illusion when attacked.|
|4||Counter Blade||¾||Shoot out a bolt that dazes foes in a line.|
|5||Phantasmal Swordsman||Phantasm||1||20||Create an illusion that attacks your foe.|
- Right-Hand Strength — Critical hit chance with one-handed weapons is increased. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Vicious Lacerations — When you attack while wielding a sword, gain a stack of vicious laceration. This can be stacked up to five times.
- Ferocious Strikes — Gain increased ferocity while dual-wielding weapons.
- Blademaster — Sword skills have an increased critical-hit chance against bleeding foes. Reduces recharge on sword skills.
- Dual Wielding — Attack speed is increased when wielding a sword, axe, or mace in your off hand.
- Strider's Defense — Chance to destroy projectiles while executing a melee attack. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Swindler's Equilibrium — Successfully evading an attack while wielding a sword or spear recharges steal by a static amount. Swords and spears deal increased damage.
- Fencer's Finesse — Gain a stacking ferocity effect when you or one of your illusions strikes with a one-handed sword or a spear. Reduces recharge on sword and spear skills.