From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
 Types of consumables
- Alcohol — beverages that cause intoxication and give points towards the Achievement, "Thirst Slayer".
- Blueprints — Items used in WvW to construct Siege weapons.
- Boosts — grant temporary benefits to the user and are available via the Gem Store, storyline quest reward, area completion reward, and drops.
- Cosmetic — These are items that serve no functional game purpose and are entirely cosmetic or "for fun". There are two subtypes:
- Nourishment — these are items that give temporary boosts to a variety of stats, and are organized in the following categories:
- Food — grant temporary benefits to the user and give points towards the Achievement, "All You Can Eat".
- Maintenance Oils — grants a temporary increase in precision.
- Potions — grant increased damage to specific foes...and reduced damage from those foes.
- Sharpening Stones — temporarily increase power.
- Tuning Crystals — provide a temporary increase to condition damage.
- Salvage Kit — used to break down equipment into crafting materials and/or upgrades.
- Unlock items — when used, unlock something for a character or an account, e.g. dyes or recipes.
 Other types
In addition, many karma vendors sell consumables that produce a variety of other effects, including:
 Permanent Consumables
Permanent consumables are consumables that have an unlimited amount of uses.
- Endless Halloween Tonic
- Endless Mystery Tonic
- Endless Plush Griffon Tonic
- Endless Princess Doll Tonic
- Endless Toy Golem Tonic
- Endless Toy Soldier Tonic
- Endless Toy Ventari Tonic
- Endless Toymaker's Tonic
- Exotic Hard Potion
- Exotic Charged Potion
- Exotic Cold Potion
- Exotic Warm Potion
- Mystic Forge Conduit
- Permanent Bank Access Contract
- Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract
- Permanent Hair Stylist Contract
- Permanent Trading Post Pick Up Contract
- Unbreakable Choir Bell