Barrier is a combat mechanic introduced in the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire expansion. It creates a health barrier that takes damage prior to the health bar. The barrier decays after a set period of time, and the amount generated is based on the source's healing power. It is capped at 50% of the recipient's maximum health.
Similar to healing, the barrier total a skill applies can be calculated using the following formula:
(Coefficient * Healing Power) + Base Value
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Notes
Profession skills that grant barrier
Healing skills that grant barrier
Utility skills that grant barrier
Mount 'Engage' skill that grants barrier
Traits that grant barrier
- Crystal Configuration: Eclipse - Corona Burst grants stability on each attack and creates a barrier for each target struck.
- Desert Empowerment - Manifest Sand Shade grants a barrier to allies near it.
- Invigorating Strikes - Gain vigor when using a Dual Attack. Dodge rolling grants a barrier.
- Elemental Refreshment - Gain barrier when using Dual Attack abilities.
Traits that benefit from barrier
Upgrade components that grant barrier
- Superior Rune of the Rebirth — (6) When suffering a lethal blow.
- Superior Rune of the Scourge — (6) When struck below 50% health.
- Superior Rune of the Weaver — (6) When executing a leap finisher.
- Damage dealt to enemy barriers appear as yellow damage numbers.