- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Shield (weapon).
The shield is an off-hand only weapon and can be crafted by a weaponsmith. Shields typically grant defensive skills to mitigate incoming damage. Unlike all other weapons, shields also increase defense of the wielder. The maximum damage range for shields is 846 - 954 and maximum defense is 64.
Skills by profession
|4||Shield of Judgment||½||20||Create a shielding wave in front of you that damages foes while giving protection and aegis to you and up to five allies.|
|5||Shield of Absorption||4||24||Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.|
|5||Shield of Absorption||Detonate the dome to heal nearby allies.|
|4||Envoy of Exuberance||¾||15||Send the energy of Glint towards the target area, granting protection to allies before releasing a burst of energy that heals allies and granting protection again when it returns to you.|
|5||Crystal Hibernation||3||25||Channel a shield from the mists to protect you, blocking attacks and regenerating health.|
|4||Shield Bash||¾||20||Bash your foe with your shield and stun them.|
|5||Shield Stance||3||25||Block attacks.|
|4||Magnetic Shield||3||25||Create a magnetic field that reflects projectiles and can be released to push back foes.|
|4||Magnetic Inversion||Release the magnetic field to push back nearby foes.|
|5||Static Shield||2||30||Electrify your shield, preparing to throw it at foes. If you are hit, the shield discharges, stunning your nearby attacker.|
|5||Throw Shield||¾||Throw your charged shield. Dazes foes it hits on the way out and back.|
Mesmer (requires Chronomancer)
|4||Echo of Memory||Phantasm||1½||30||Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill fully channels, summon a phantasm that slows enemies and grants alacrity to allies. If an attack is blocked, Deja Vu is usable for a short time.|
|4||Deja Vu||Phantasm||1½||Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill fully channels, summon a phantasm that slows enemies and grants alacrity to allies.|
|5||Tides of Time||¾||40||Launch a wave of temporal energy that damages and stops enemies it passes through and buffs allies. The wave then returns to you. Touching the returning wave reduces the recharge of this skill.|
- Stalwart Defender — Gain additional toughness while wielding a shield. Shield ability recharge is reduced.
- Crystal Harbinger — You can now use Legendary Dragon Stance skills and gain access to Facet of Nature.
- Soothing Bastion — Activate Crystal Hibernation when struck when you are below the health threshold. Using a shield skill increases boon duration.
- Shield Master — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking. Gain might when you block an attack. Shield skills recharge faster.
- Over Shield — Shield skills gain recharge reduction and grant protection to nearby allies.
- Time Splitter — Gain access to Continuum Split/Shift, which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.
- While the shield is being worn on the back, backpack items will be disabled from view until the player enters combat, upon which the backpack will reappear. Upon sheathing the shield, the backpack will disappear again.