From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Shield (weapon).
The shield is an off-hand only weapon and can be crafted by a weaponsmith. Unlike all other weapons, shields also increase defense of the wielder. The maximum damage range for shields is 846 - 954 and maximum defense is 64.
Skills by profession
|4||Shield of Judgment||½||20||Create a shielding wave in front of you that damages foes and gives protection to yourself and up to five allies.|
|5||Shield of Absorption||1½||24||Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.|
|5||Shield of Absorption||Detonate the dome to heal nearby allies.|
|4||Shield Bash||½||25||Bash your foe with your shield and stun them.|
|5||Shield Stance||3||30||Block attacks.|
|4||Magnetic Shield||3||30||Create a magnetic field that reflects projectiles and can be released to push back foes.|
|4||Magnetic Inversion||Release the magnetic field to push back nearby foes.|
|5||Static Shield||1½||40||Electrify your shield, preparing to throw it at foes. If you are hit, the shield discharges, stunning your nearby attacker.|
|5||Throw Shield||¾||Throw your charged shield. Dazes foes it hits on the way out and back.|
- Stalwart Defender — Gain additional toughness while wielding a shield. Shield ability recharge is reduced.
- Shield Master — Gain toughness while using a shield. Reduces recharge on shield skills.
- Over Shield — Shield skills gain recharge reduction and grant protection to nearby allies.
- While the shield is being worn on the back, backpack items will be disabled from view until the player enters combat, upon which the backpack will reappear. Upon sheathing the shield, the backpack will disappear again.