Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.
— In-game description
0.3125 * Level + 5= Power and Condition Damage per stack (e.g. 30 at level 80).
When buffing allies, the
Level in the formula refers to the recipient, not the giver. A level 64 character will receive +25 Power and Condition Damage from Might, irrespective of the level of the ally who buffed them.
With 25 stacks of might at level 80, the bonus is +750 Power and Condition Damage.
Current conditions are still affected by might, e.g. if you applied bleeding and then gain might, the damage from bleeding increases. If might drops, then so will condition-based damage.
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant might
- Wrathful Strike
- Call of the Wild
- Pounce (on pet)
- Mirror Blade
- Winds of Chaos (randomly between fury and might)
Underwater weapon skills that grant might
Utility skills that grant might
- "Save Yourselves!"
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing torment or weakness)
- "For Great Justice!"
- Elixir B
- Blood Is Power
- Well of Power (when removing torment or weakness)
- Battle Roar
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
Elite skills that grant might
Skills with special conditions that grant might
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B, randomly)
- Mighty Roar (Juvenile Jungle Stalker unique pet skill)
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony (when attuned to fire)
- Shadow Pursuit (upon activation of Shadow Trap)
- Roar (with Become the Bear)
Skill combinations that give might
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant might
- Zealous Scepter — While wielding a scepter, gain might when your justice passive effect triggers.
- Might of the Protector — Gain might when you block attacks.
- Empowering Might — You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues now also apply the following boons to allies when activated:
- Restorative Strength — Using a heal skill grants might
- Forceful Greatsword — Gain might on a critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and recharge faster.
- Shield Master — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking. Gain might when you block an attack. Shield skills recharge faster.
- Reviver's Might — Grant might to nearby allies when you successfully revive someone.
- Phalanx Strength — When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well.
- Versatile Power — Gain might on weapon swap. Burst skills recharge 15% faster.
- Juggernaut — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower.
- HGH — Elixirs grant might, have reduced recharge, and have increased duration.
- Hidden Flask — Drink an Elixir B when struck while below the health threshold.
- Brutish Seals — Activating a signet grants might to you and your pet. Signets recharge faster.
- Most Dangerous Game — While your health is below the threshold, you gain might.
- Companion's Might — Your critical hits grant might to your pet. Critical strikes from your pet's basic attack cause bleeding.
- Zephyr's Speed — No trait description found.
- Deadly Trapper — Traps apply vulnerability to enemies and grant you might. Trap recharges are reduced.
- Signets of Power — Gain might when activating a signet. Signet recharge is reduced.
- Leeching Venoms — Gain might when activating a venom. Siphon life from your foe when triggering a venom. This can only occur once per strike.
- Thrill of the Crime — When you Steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might, and swiftness for 10 seconds.
- Burning Fire — Use cleansing fire automatically when you have a number of conditions on you. Cantrips grant you might when used.
- One with Fire — Fire auras you apply last longer and grant might when applied.
- Pyromancer's Puissance — Each skill you use while attuned to fire grants you might.
- Elemental Attunement — When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain a boon.
- Imagined Burden — Whenever you or a clone uses Spatial Surge, you gain might. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple. Reduces recharge time of greatsword skills.
- Chaotic Interruption — When you interrupt a foe, you immobilize them and gain might. You then gain an additional random boon while your target gains a random condition.
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — When you use a shatter, you will gain stability. You and nearby allies gain boons based on which shatter was used.
- Shattered Strength — Shattering illusions grants you might per illusion.
- Reaper's Might — Shroud skill 1 grants might.
- Siphoned Power — Gain might when you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Signets of Suffering — Reduces recharge on signets. Signets grant might when cast and convert boons on affected foes to conditions.
Traits that improve might
Effects that grant might
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant might
- Superior Rune of Antitoxin (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of Strength (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Brawler (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of the Fire (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Pack (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of Altruism (rank 2)
Upgrade components that affect might
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 2 and 6 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of Strength (rank 2, 4 and 6 – increases duration; rank 6 – increases damage)
- Superior Rune of the Fire (rank 2 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 2 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 2, 4 and 6 - increase duration)
Consumables that grant might
- Strip of Dolyak Jerky - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Red Meat Stock - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Simple Meat Stew - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Onion Soup - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Hearty Red Meat Stew - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Herbed Meat Stock - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Cabbage Stew - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Cabbage Stirfry - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Spiced Meat and Cabbage Stew - (60% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetable Stew - (80% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew - (100% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Ettin Stew - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Simple Stirfry - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Avocado Stirfry - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Stirfry - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Lotus Stirfry - (100% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Carrots - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Garlic Spinach Sautee - (30% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Zucchini with Nutmeg - (50% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Cauliflower Sautee - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Sautee - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Truffle Sautee - (100% chance on kill)
- Chili Pepper Popper - (8% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Pepper - (16% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Zucchini - (24% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Hummus - (28% chance on critical during the day)
- Roasted Artichoke - (36% chance on critical during the day)
- Ghost Pepper Popper - (40% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Prickly Pear Sorbet - (28% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Plate of Roasted Cactus - (33% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Fried Golden Dumpling - (33% Chance for Might (5 seconds) on Crit)
- When might is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I feel six feet tall!||There's the power.|
|Charr||I feel... strong!||Might makes right!|
|Human||I feel... strong!||Time to do some real damage.|
|Norn||Ah, such might!||Might makes me right!|
|Sylvari||Might and glory.||I am mighty!|
- The amount of Power granted was reduced from 35 to 30 on January 27, 2015.