- This article is about the Tempest mechanic. For the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal effect, see Overload (effect).
Overload is a profession mechanic that allows elementalists who specialize into Tempest to gain additional skills while in each attunement. Each overload skill is able to be used after 6 seconds in the attunement. Overloading increases the recharge of the attunement when swapping to a different attunement.
List of overload skills
|Fire Attunement||Attune to fire, gaining heavy damage and burning abilities.|
|Overload Fire||4||20||Unleash all flames you've accumulated, searing enemies and strengthening allies. Finishing the cast leaves a tornado behind. Using this skill causes the attunement to have longer recharge.|
|Water Attunement||Attune to water, gaining superior support and healing abilities.|
|Overload Water||4||20||Create a surge of accumulated water magic, healing and cleansing allies. When the cast ends, heal the area and apply regeneration. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.|
|Air Attunement||Attune to air, gaining heavy damage and control abilities.|
|Overload Air||4||20||Use your air magic to summon a nimbus that repeatedly strikes nearby enemies. When this ability is complete, imbue your allies with electricity and create a lingering static region that strikes enemies at the same interval. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.|
|Earth Attunement||Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.|
|Overload Earth||4||20||Ride your stored earth magic around, granting protection to other allies you move over and crippling enemies, then deliver a final blast of power to the area. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.|
- Singularity — Attain elemental singularity by remaining in an attunement for a period of time. Upon attaining singularity, you may overload the attunement to your vicinity.
- Hardy Conduit — Gain protection while overloading an attunement. Protection has increased effectiveness.
- Speedy Conduit — Gain swiftness when overloading an attunement.
- Unstable Conduit — Overloading an attunement grants an aura based on the element you're attuned to when the ability is completed.
- Harmonious Conduit — Gain stability when beginning an overload. Upon successfully completing an overload, gain increased damage for a period of time.
- Lucid Singularity — Remove and gain massive resistance to movement-impeding conditions while overloading your attunements.
- The character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on the attunement and situation.
|Overload||Ready to channel||Starting to channel||Finished channeling|
|Fire||Fired up!||Inferno!||Cooling down!|
|Air||Charged up!||Lightning bolt!||That was a blast!|
|Earth||Ready to rock!||Landslide!||Back on solid ground!|