Control effects, also known as disables, are a set of effects that temporarily prevent actions or movement and disable all skills for the effect's duration. All control effects will interrupt the target. The boon Stability provides immunity against control effects and some utility skills have the ability to break stuns and other control effects listed here.
Crowd control is essentially the same group of effects, notably used in-game in effect descriptions of Unshakable and Defiant tooltips. Some enemies possess the Unstoppable ability which makes them totally immune to control effects as well as movement-restricting conditions like crippled or immobilized.
 Control effects
- Knockback (Push)
- Launch (Blowout)
- Petrified caused by Basilisk Venom
- Ice block caused by Deep Freeze from Conjure Frost Bow.
- 1 Float, Sink and Petrification ignore the Defiant effect.
 Traits which activate upon a control effect
- Tempest Defense — Activates Shocking Aura when disabled
- Autodefense Bomb Dispenser — Drops a Smoke Bomb when disabled
- Protection Injection — Gain Protection when disabled
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain Retaliation
- Mirror of Anguish — Copy the same effect back at your foe
- Reaper's Protection — Inflicts AoE fear on foes when disabled
- Hide in Plain Sight — Gain Camouflage
- Hard to Catch — Shadowstep away and gain swiftness when disabled
- Last Stand — Negates the control effect and activates Balanced Stance