Control effects, also known as disables, are a set of effects that temporarily prevent actions or movement and disable all skills for the effect's duration. All control effects will interrupt the target. The boon Stability provides immunity against control effects and some utility skills have the ability to break stuns and other control effects listed here.
Crowd control is essentially the same group of effects, notably used in-game in effect descriptions of Unshakable and Defiant tooltips. Some enemies possess the Unstoppable ability which makes them totally immune to control effects as well as movement-restricting conditions like crippled or immobilized.
- Knockback (Push)
- Launch (Blowout)
- Petrified caused by Basilisk Venom
- Ice block caused by Deep Freeze from Conjure Frost Bow.
- 1 Float, Sink and Petrification ignore the Defiant effect.
Traits which activate upon a control effect
- Tempest Defense — Surround yourself with a Shocking Aura when disabled (fear, stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, launch, float, pulled, or sink). Deal more damage to stunned or knocked-down foes.
- Lightning Rod — Disabling an enemy causes them to be struck by a lightning bolt.
- Autodefense Bomb Dispenser — Drop a smoke bomb whenever you are disabled (stun, daze, knockdown, knockback, pull, launch, float, sink, or fear).
- Protection Injection — Gain protection whenever you are disabled. (stun, daze, knockdown, knockback, launch, float, sink, or fear).
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation whenever you are disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, pulled, or launch).
- Mirror of Anguish — When disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, or launch), you mirror the disabling effect back to its source.
- Reaper's Protection — When disabled (stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, sink, float, fear, pulled, or launch), inflict fear on nearby foes.
- Hide in Plain Sight — Applies camouflage when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned.
- Stability Training — Pets gain stability when disabled.
- Shared Anguish — Incoming disabling conditions (stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, sink, float, fear, or launch) are transferred to your pet instead.
- Hard to Catch — Shadowstep away and gain swiftness when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knockdown, launch, knockback, sink, pulled, or fear).
- Last Stand — Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned.