Crowd control is essentially the same group of effects, notably used in-game in effect descriptions of Unshakable and Defiant tooltips. Some enemies possess the Unstoppable ability which makes them totally immune to control effects as well as movement-restricting conditions like crippled or immobilized.
- 1 Fear and Taunt are both conditions and control effects.
- 2 Float and Sink ignore the Defiant effect.
These effects have similar functionality to control effects, except that traits which trigger on "disable" do not recognize them.
- 1 Petrification ignores the Defiant effect.
"Soft" control effects
Some players refer to the following conditions as "soft CC". Mechanically, they are not actual control effects (i.e. they don't interrupt when they are applied, and traits that trigger on "disable" will not trigger on them), but they serve a similar purpose of hindering an opponent's actions or movement.
Traits which activate upon a control effect
- Tempest Defense — Surround yourself with a Shocking Aura when disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, or launch). Deal more damage to stunned or knocked-down foes.
- Lightning Rod — Disabling an enemy causes them to be struck by a lightning bolt.
- Autodefense Bomb Dispenser — Drop a smoke bomb when you are disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch).
- Protection Injection — Gain protection whenever you are disabled. (stun, daze, knockdown, knockback, launch, float, sink, or fear).
- Reactive Lenses — Activates utility goggles when blinded or disabled.
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation and aegis when stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sunk, floated, launched, taunted or inflicted with fear.
- Mirror of Anguish — When disabled by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch, you mirror the disabling effect back to its source.
- Reaper's Protection — When stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sunk, floated, inflicted with fear, taunted, or launched, inflict fear on nearby foes.
- Shared Anguish — Incoming disables are transferred to your pet instead.
Disables include: Stun, Taunt, Daze, Knockback, Pull, Knockdown, Sink, Float, Fear, or Launch.
- Hard to Catch — Break stun and refill endurance when you are stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sinkfloated, launched, or inflicted with fear.
- Last Stand — Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, pulled, or stunned. Increase stance durations and gain vigor when using a stance.
Traits which increase damage on disabled foes
- Merciless Hammer - Hammer damage is increased when attacking a foe that is dazed, knocked down, launched, or stunned. Reduces recharge on hammer skills.